Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
The world situation sucks at the moment I don't think a lot of people are going to come out smiling from this one. Maybe only the Chinese.

Anyway in SA with lockdown we are stuck at home the weather is turning in the best hunting weather you would want. I would have had my first hunt of the year done and dusted and hopefully bagged my first Waterbuck bull.

My business is at total standstill since March 24th when I sent my workers home to prepare for lockdown, with no idea yet when we can start again which is the next level.
I have done a lot of DIY jobs at home with what I had since all shops were closed.
Did all the reloading that I could with all the cases and bullets that I had.
Trowling the net for interesting hunting topics and Youtube hunting videos.
But there is only so much you can do and long for.

Waking up to crested fracolin when the sun only shows some light with the moon saying goodbye. Rutting roar of an impala chasing another ram and the last call of the jackal on his night out.
Starting the embers for some flame and heat while ejoying that first cup of coffee and seeing the heat vapour slowly rising from the cup. Closing your eyes and imagining the route that will be followed for the day the guarry you hope to find and have a chance to hunt.

Will you bump into the leopard tracks again and will the brown hyena have followed him again? What will the day bring will you be able to bring down your animal without it being aware of you. Such possibilities and exitement ahead to share and be part of nature.

I miss it, I miss it and long for it for the days where I can wear my hunting boots and gators take that favorite rifle and load is with my favorite hunting load and play a game of cat and mouse with that impala moving through the thick bush.

I am really suffering of COVID BLUES and wish for this to end so that I can hunt and work again.
Wishing all COVID BLUES sufferes a quick return to the sport of kings and the overseeing of the best way to conserve our nature.

Things will eventually get better.... We are seeing some loosening of restrictions here in the states and some other countries. Best of luck to you. Hang in there.
Bruce

The world situation sucks at the moment I don't think a lot of people are going to come out smiling from this one. Maybe only the Chinese.

Anyway in SA with lockdown we are stuck at home the weather is turning in the best hunting weather you would want. I would have had my first hunt of the year done and dusted and hopefully bagged my first Waterbuck bull.

My business is at total standstill since March 24th when I sent my workers home to prepare for lockdown, with no idea yet when we can start again which is the next level.
I have done a lot of DIY jobs at home with what I had since all shops were closed.
Did all the reloading that I could with all the cases and bullets that I had.
Trowling the net for interesting hunting topics and Youtube hunting videos.
But there is only so much you can do and long for.

Waking up to crested fracolin when the sun only shows some light with the moon saying goodbye. Rutting roar of an impala chasing another ram and the last call of the jackal on his night out.
Starting the embers for some flame and heat while ejoying that first cup of coffee and seeing the heat vapour slowly rising from the cup. Closing your eyes and imagining the route that will be followed for the day the guarry you hope to find and have a chance to hunt.

Will you bump into the leopard tracks again and will the brown hyena have followed him again? What will the day bring will you be able to bring down your animal without it being aware of you. Such possibilities and exitement ahead to share and be part of nature.

I miss it, I miss it and long for it for the days where I can wear my hunting boots and gators take that favorite rifle and load is with my favorite hunting load and play a game of cat and mouse with that impala moving through the thick bush.

I am really suffering of COVID BLUES and wish for this to end so that I can hunt and work again.
Wishing all COVID BLUES sufferes a quick return to the sport of kings and the overseeing of the best way to conserve our nature.
Frederick
My heart goes out you and all our fellow hunters. I thought horse racing was the sport of kings. I'm happy with hunting being for the humble and those with a love and respect of animals. You don't need to be a king to hunt but you do to own a good racehorse.
You are blessed to be able to hear all those animals whilst having a coffee around a dying fire. There are many of us that would love to be able to just do that.
Mate it will be over soon, may not be back to normal but the NEW normal. We will still travel and hunt.
Cheers mate
Bob Nelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maya Rani

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross