Covid: Africa travel Restrictions / Flight Suspensions over Omicron variant

I’m U.S. Federal employee (Dept of Defense) living/working in Germany so deemed a resident, Robert Koch Institute put eight (8) Africa Countries on a Area of Variant concern listing (unjustified) - 28 Nov.

As a resident, I am allowed to travel to these Countries yet the counter-measure upon my return, regardless of: vaccine, booster, neg test, feeling great, etc. = mandatory 14-day home quarantine, no options to test out!

Policy Update: TBD.

Scotland openly reported + Omicron cases without any travel connections to African Countries - Scotland now an Area of Variant concern?

*Important W.H.O. publicly condemn these targeted Country travel restrictions & quarantine, as baseless & ineffective.

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/south-africa

As a precautionary measure, until January 31, 2022, the Government of Canada is implementing enhanced border measures for all travellers who have been in the Southern Africa region — including South Africa, Eswatini, Lesotho, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and Namibia— within the last 14 days before arriving in Canada.

Foreign nationals who have travelled in any of these countries within the previous 14 days will not be permitted entry into Canada.

Canadian citizens, permanent residents and people with status under the Indian Act, regardless of their vaccination status or having had a previous history of testing positive for COVID-19, who have been in these countries in the previous 14 days will be subject to enhanced testing, screening, and quarantine measures.

These individuals will be required to obtain, within 72 hours of departure, a valid negative COVID-19 molecular test in a third country before continuing their journey to Canada. Upon arrival to Canada, regardless of their vaccination status or having had a previous history of testing positive for COVID-19, they will subject to immediate arrival testing. All travellers will also be required to complete a test on day 8 after arrival and quarantine for 14 days

Just randomly, I thought to look up maps of where river blindness and malria occur in Africa. They are prevalent in the middle half of the continent, and the overlay of the two maps was pretty much exact. Does anyone know whether this means a lot of people would be on prophylactic doeses of both Ivermectin and Hydroxy, routinely in those regions?

I ain't taking any of this shit seriously until the megatron or megadeath variant. Then they will get me on board.
The Bidetron variant will make you forget (literally) about the other two. Ha! Ha!

Just randomly, I thought to look up maps of where river blindness and malria occur in Africa. They are prevalent in the middle half of the continent, and the overlay of the two maps was pretty much exact. Does anyone know whether this means a lot of people would be on prophylactic doeses of both Ivermectin and Hydroxy, routinely in those regions?

Doubt it as most couldn't afford it...maybe resistance to malaria helps.....SA has big numbers of people catching the virus and getting very ill or dying...now the Xi variant.. ;) is kicking off and malaria isn't present in most of the country...but who knows how this thing operates

*Important W.H.O. publicly condemn these targeted Country travel restrictions & quarantine, as baseless & ineffective.

That can be, but I have a place in NB, and last year while just over the border in Quebec they had rampaging COVID, NB had travel bans, and a case load of like 2 cases. My mom was dying of natural causes at 93 at the time, and was in a nursing home. I was really scared for her, but they had zero cases.

Funny part is that kind of experince seems to go hand in hand with 100% vaccination. They had zero COVID in the province, and they still shot up to the max. There was a lot of COVID pageantry with people wearing masks, and collecting on social distancing paint spots outside stores, when there was zero COVID in the province. Until they re-opened this summer, they had fewer deaths from COVID, than one local nursing home, in Ontario where I otherwise live.

Of course NB was uniquely able to close down. Half measures are not effective.

------------------------------

WHO plays a weird double game, part of which is disuading vaccination in rich countries in favour of vaccination in poor countries. Most likely that drives vaccination in rich countries. Like Bangladesh can't wait to get more vaccine, or the African countries that are returning it.

Watched an old ep of the original Star Trek the other day on TV. In the opening Capt. Kirk says, "we are approaching planet,,, wait for it,,, OMICRON DELTA!

New Virus is no more effective!!

The WHO and Coronavirus experts are increasingly convinced the new Omicron variant is ‘super mild’ and has, so far, not led to a jump in Covid death rates anywhere in Southern Africa.

The WHO is calling this morning for countries to drop travel restrictions and end the mass hysteria, and instead be cautiously optimistic as more and more reports out of South Africa suggest the new Omicron variant is not more lethal than the previous Delta variant.

Source:

Please spread and kill negativity

Spike you think our leaders are going to deploy common sense, l have come to the conclusion that common sense is a super power. Non existent in our government anymore! They have become intoxicated on their new found power and will never give up the control they have gained in this pandemic. I hope they will come to their senses but I doubt it.

Read last night that there are now 13 states here with it, including a few here in WA state.
Thing is, story went on to say that probably half those infected are already vac'd and that non vac'd are having no more trouble with it than vac'd.
So far at least there are no reported deaths from it either, and few hospitalizations.

Lets go Brandon!

Well as this is from USA and not a country that is somewhere over there....maybe they might think ...

Highly likely the US will lift their restrictions on South Africa in about 2 weeks, according to Fox.

I hope you are right. I have no confidence in this administration. They tell us to follow the science but totally ignore it when it does not align with their agenda.

I hope you are right. I have no confidence in this administration. They tell us to follow the science but totally ignore it when it does not align with their agenda.
Agree with @WAB. Only four weeks until the convention. IF the restrictions are lifted....the outfitters and African PHs will have to make hotel reservations and buy air tickets with two weeks notice. They can find less expensive (cheap) hotels, but cheap airfares with two weeks notice...I doubt it. Just a fxxxxxx mess. Again.

Am I the only one or is this an administration subterfuge to kill trophy hunting in Africa.

Virus’ mutations don’t get more deadly from the original is what I have always heard
Covid and the vaccines are a measure for world population control. Maybe not in a death sense but my wife knows several women who had the vaccine that now cannot get pregnant.
I just hope all is well soon but definitely by July.

Spike you think our leaders are going to deploy common sense, l have come to the conclusion that common sense is a super power. Non existent in our government anymore! They have become intoxicated on their new found power and will never give up the control they have gained in this pandemic. I hope they will come to their senses but I doubt it.

Nope...yes...and not a chance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg