Covid 19 - Travel regulations - South Africa

Speach time again tonight.....
We can expect some more restrictions.....again...

Lets hope they keep it simple but somehow I get the feeling they are going to clamp down on quite a few things again....

Lets hope they keep it simple but somehow I get the feeling they are going to clamp down on quite a few things again....
Forgive my ignorance IvW... What speech? What's going down that prompted your comment? Thanks in advance.

I think it was you that gave a bit of a warning about 3 weeks ago. I listened and really tuned in to numbers and what not. I postponed my long awaited trip to the East Cape and have continued to watch. I'm not afraid of the virus as I've already had it. I'm afraid of the politics, the last minute shut downs, flight rescheduling, and the sheeple who make policy (government and private business) for the sake of fear.

I hope to return to Africa soon.

Covid has spiked here, hospitals are full, many people close to us testing positive, 3rd wave different to the first two....many believe the official figures are not correct...
My biggest fear is border closures....
Had to postpone a Botswana trip due to uncertainty...

I think it was you that gave a bit of a warning about 3 weeks ago. I listened and really tuned in to numbers and what not. I postponed my long awaited trip to the East Cape and have continued to watch. I'm not afraid of the virus as I've already had it. I'm afraid of the politics, the last minute shut downs, flight rescheduling, and the sheeple who make policy (government and private business) for the sake of fear.

I hope to return to Africa soon.
Yep.

Im supposed to be hopping on a plane and headed to SA in exactly 1 month..

Really hoping politicians dont manage to collapse the SA economy while ruining a trip we've been planning for 2 years (intended on going last year but were delayed for obvious reasons)..

Covid wont collapse the economy, it was in dire straights long before.....Covid is just another opportunity for corruption and theft....people in charge will destroy it...
Furthermore it is my personal opinion that this crap was manufactured....
No airline, power supply hanging on a string, new gun law crap in the pipeline, crime totally out of control.....but still a great place to live....

Lets hope they keep it simple but somehow I get the feeling they are going to clamp down on quite a few things again...

I just returned from SA Sunday. Rumor on the ground was to be ready for more border closures and flight changes. We’ll find out tonight…

Hope not. I fly out to SA on 6/30

OMG not liking this, its wheels up 29 July for us. Home 3 Sept we hope?? Hope my outfitter provides update. We have also booked 2 weeks of travel (hotels, car, shark dive, Kruger) after the 21 day hunt.

MB

I just Googled his speech. Seams like back to lockdown level 3. Not sure if it really has much impact on hunting, is worrying if cases increase. Certainly ups the what if factor.

MB

Level three speech:
It was a ban on booze sales, but just for certain days and hours. And some limits on indoor / outdoor groups to 50 and 100 respectively. Plus a curfew from 2000 to 0400. And that was about it, IIRC.

News24 dotcom posted a summary.

I appreciate the updates

Hopefully those traveling soon to SA will keep the rest of us up to date any experiences dealing with this newest level 3 and any forewarnings that will benefit future travelers...my schedule to JNB then on to Namibia on August 8..and the overnite in JNB on return August 25...starting to be skeptical of going

We fly the first week of October and hope by then everything has calmed down and back to buisness as usual or atleast the "new" usual.

I bet by October you'll be fine.

Hopefully those traveling soon to SA will keep the rest of us up to date any experiences dealing with this newest level 3 and any forewarnings that will benefit future travelers...my schedule to JNB then on to Namibia on August 8..and the overnite in JNB on return August 25...starting to be skeptical of going
I think by then we will be down again...main issue is now going forward into july.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross