COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

My wife’s friend , who’s a bio chemist for a pharmaceutical company, has covid, with covid symptoms, bad . Oh and by the way, she’s been vaccinated for almost 2 months.

Please advise the turnaround time for a PCR test in the US. Also please advise if the 72 hour requirement for the test, prior to your flight, is from the date of the test or the date receipt. And finally, due to the number of stops and the length of the flights from the US to RSA what happens if the 72 hours expires midtrip?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

I leave for our Safari May 27th and we are getting our PCR test results within 30 minutes for $98 total. There are several centers in Texas anyways that guarantee this 30 minute turnaround on PCR tests that specialize in international traveling but you just ask for that guarantee and some are a bit pricey. I know our backup appointment we have set for the day we leave (in case something goes wrong in the first test the day before departure) is $295 with a guaranteed 30 minute turnaround with results. I hope this helps!

I leave for our Safari May 27th and we are getting our PCR test results within 30 minutes for $98 total. There are several centers in Texas anyways that guarantee this 30 minute turnaround on PCR tests that specialize in international traveling but you just ask for that guarantee and some are a bit pricey. I know our backup appointment we have set for the day we leave (in case something goes wrong in the first test the day before departure) is $295 with a guaranteed 30 minute turnaround with results. I hope this helps!
Thanks for the information. Would greatly appreciate the names of the centers(especially around San Antonio) you mention for the 30 minute PCR test. We leave May 31.

Thanks for the information. Would greatly appreciate the names of the centers(especially around San Antonio) you mention for the 30 minute PCR test. We leave May 31.
I'm not sure about around San Antonio, but here in DFW the one by the airport that does the testing exclusively for international traveling with the 30 minute guaranteed turnaround is called "MED + Dallas Accula" at 580 S. Denton Tap Rd., Suite 280 Coppell, TX 75019. They charge $275 for their PRC test with 30 minute guaranteed results. They have other locations as well if you want to check them out and make your appointment online at www.medplusurgentcare.com Hope this helps! Good luck to you on your safari! You're headed out just a few days after we depart for the Eastern Cape as well.

I'm not sure about around San Antonio, but here in DFW the one by the airport that does the testing exclusively for international traveling with the 30 minute guaranteed turnaround is called "MED + Dallas Accula" at 580 S. Denton Tap Rd., Suite 280 Coppell, TX 75019. They charge $275 for their PRC test with 30 minute guaranteed results. They have other locations as well if you want to check them out and make your appointment online at www.medplusurgentcare.com Hope this helps! Good luck to you on your safari! You're headed out just a few days after we depart for the Eastern Cape as well.
Thanks for the additional information.

4FAFB5F7-B864-4BBF-87A1-5FDED8856ED1.jpeg

Probably this part of the reason....hopefully at last paying attention to actual facts and figures real time as opposed to people making them.up with "modelling" etc...was sent this by a friend

Interesting

BBC News - Covid: Spain's top court rules lockdown unconstitutional
Meanwhile in Canada, all the COVID Charter decisions should convince prospective lawyers to just skip Constitutional law. Ours is but a strongly worded statement of laudable principles, but not a constitution at all!

I see the normal people lost the court cases over the mandatory jail requirement. Of course Trudope our dictator made all and any details on decision a case of "national security" and locked data for 20 years. What a crock.

Did just read jail booking is not required to leave, just required to return. Guess we will wait till end Aug and hope, pray and cross fingers it gets dropped before return.

A disgusted Canadian.

MB

Reactions: WAB
Well the recent announcement and non requirement of the mandatory jail hotel upon return is a welcome bonus. Saves some $$$, hassle and time but the flight change cost money. Dam airlines, almost same cost to get from home to Toronto (TO) as it is TO to SA. Wheels up for first leg tomorrow.

Yippee Canadian heading on Safari. Its like Christmas as a kid.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross