COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Got my covid vaccine today. Also got a card showing i received it. It was the maderem vaccine. They also gave us an appointment for the second shot.

Got my covid vaccine today. Also got a card showing i received it. It was the maderem vaccine. They also gave us an appointment for the second shot.
Hoping the doc in video above is wrong??????? I am last to get in BC, that's a good thing, at least for me. Hope a good old fashion one comes along, I would prefer my own body and DNA to fight it from an injected taste. Just me though.

MB

Been through all the vaccines of the 50's don't even know what they gave me in the Navy. Why quit now? So far easier on me than the shingles shot.
Hoping the doc in video above is wrong??????? I am last to get in BC, that's a good thing, at least for me. Hope a good old fashion one comes along, I would prefer my own body and DNA to fight it from an injected taste. Just me though.

MB

Dam good on you for serving in the Navy. I retired in 2018 after 33 years in the Canadian Navy. Not so sure about the 50's, my hats of too you, the good old days in the 80s, 18 and puking, our poor old DDE's trying to keep up to the Worlds Real Force as "plane guard". I am same on my Med Docs "deployment vaccine" is listed a few times, even in 2017 my last 6 monther. We were told shut up and feel the jab. Our PM actually stated live that the current Canadian Forces would NOT be used as test subjects for Covid vaccines. Wow. You are also correct about the shingles shot, had #1 yesterday, dam arm feels like I was hit with a bat today??

Lets hope these vaccines do as stated and we can all go back to living AND Safaris.

MB

Yea probably going to need a vaccine card to travel. Hopefully get something going for 2022.

9C4284B5-24CA-4D7D-94F8-6E7458D7DAD9.jpeg
I received this pic from a buddy today. Found the article on the internet but haven’t read it yet. I guess there is still hope!

Wonder how much the fkn WHO made from.this cover up...now looking at rest of Asia.. so they letting the fkn Chinese off the hook....what a surprise...yeah not at all....useless bunch of overpaid ...(..wonder by who....)...arseholes

BBC News - Covid: WHO says 'extremely unlikely' virus leaked from lab in China

Not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes anyway.

Can anyone who lives in, or has recently been to, South Africa, comment on the current state of government restrictions related to COVID? The easy stuff (do you need a Covid test prior to arrival; do you have to quarantine on arrival, etc.) but even better is the situation on the ground. Are there restrictions on movements, curfews, are stores (and Steers restaurants!) open? That sort of thing.

Thanks very much.

UK government lost the plot with this ...unbelievable

All about politics. If you can't do anything useful, make big threats against people who seem to have more money, or more freedom, than your average voter.

this is one of the most insidious aspects of COVID and the response - everyone says "follow the science" but they then immediately ignore the science and focus on the politics.

Not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes anyway.

Can anyone who lives in, or has recently been to, South Africa, comment on the current state of government restrictions related to COVID? The easy stuff (do you need a Covid test prior to arrival; do you have to quarantine on arrival, etc.) but even better is the situation on the ground. Are there restrictions on movements, curfews, are stores (and Steers restaurants!) open? That sort of thing.

Thanks very much.
steers is open for sure

booze is open for sale from bottle stores mon to thursday
restaurants have to close by 10pm, 11pm to 4 am curfew
everything else is open
inter provincial travel is open

you have a negative covid test before travel, no need to quarantine here
you need a negative covid test before you fly out again. can do this at jnb int airport now or a t a lab day or 2 before you fly

anything else feel free to ask

From today's Daily Telegraph:

"A backlash is growing against the Government's threat that families who lie about going on holiday to places such as Portugal face up to 10 years in jail. Health Secretary Matt Hancock announced that anyone trying to conceal their trip to a "red list" country, from which arrivals have to spend 10 days in a quarantine hotel, could receive the sentence. It gives failure to declare travel on the quarantine form a greater maximum prison term than for sex offences involving children or violent firearm crimes. The "extraordinarily high" punishment angered senior Tories, the travel industry and critics of draconian Covid restrictions led by Lord Sumption, the former Supreme Court judge."

steers is open for sure

everything else is open

you need a negative covid test before you fly out again. can do this at jnb int airport now or a t a lab day or 2 before you fly

Thanks very much. This gives me a lot of comfort - sounds like pretty much business as usual, with some adjustments.

steers is open for sure

everything else is open

The test is 72 hours ...just to clarify and you have to now fill in an online sa government form within same 72 hours of travel...I will send you the link as we had to do just now for wifes daughter going back to sa ...very simple just take a screenshot of the code number when you finish as they state its sent to the airport you are arriving in...but who knows...but she had zero problems when she arrived in joburg from lusaka...I think there is a bit too much worrying going on about travelling to countries here to hunt...it appears you can get a covid test out here lot easier than in your countries...here 24 hours isnt a problem....

Thanks very much. This gives me a lot of comfort - sounds like pretty much business as usual, with some adjustments.

And we dont have restrictions on booze sales :E Big Grin: ...well apart from the law is you cant buy till after 10 am from stores etc....can be a real pain...:E Shrug:....no curfews...restaurants and bars...open...well everything open at moment...so you can have your hair and nails done as well...;)

Just saw that Air Namibia is can celling all flights as of Feb 15th.

Just saw that Air Namibia is can celling all flights as of Feb 15th.
This is my biggest worry. If governments are successful in getting people to stay home, even those who - like me - want to travel may not be able to because airlines will stop flying. Without a critical mass of flyers, flights will be cancelled. I’m taking Qatar from Montreal to Doha and then to JNB. the flights are still flying - but for how long?

Things actually seem to be getting worse, not better, as vaccines are being rolled out.

This is my biggest worry. If governments are successful in getting people to stay home, even those who - like me - want to travel may not be able to because airlines will stop flying. Without a critical mass of flyers, flights will be cancelled. I’m taking Qatar from Montreal to Doha and then to JNB. the flights are still flying - but for how long?

Things actually seem to be getting worse, not better, as vaccines are being rolled out.
Time for a co-op airline "AfricaHunting.com air" we all contribute to lease a plane from one of those private jet companies and not worry about the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg