COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Found out yesterday my brother-in-law's dad just passed away from covid. He had a slight fever for a week, felt a little bit better & sang/danced around in his kitchen for a few minutes goofing off, passed out on the kitchen floor, and never regained consciousness.

Needless to say I have an oxygen saturation finger monitor on the way to me via Amazon. That seems to be the best device you can have that can save your life.

Found out yesterday my brother-in-law's dad just passed away from covid. He had a slight fever for a week, felt a little bit better & sang/danced around in his kitchen for a few minutes goofing off, passed out on the kitchen floor, and never regained consciousness.

Needless to say I have an oxygen saturation finger monitor on the way to me via Amazon. That seems to be the best device you can have that can save your life.
I am sorry. You may be right about the Of sat. From what I have read, early treatment with steriods is essential. And that gets missed due to the way the disease attacks the lungs. People leave it too long it seems.

Just reading some of the posts in politics about the UK’s new lockdown. I really wish the media would stop perpetrating the hysteria! The one news release is talking a third wave, really!!! The numbers don’t support there claims. Yes numbers might be up but deaths and ICU cases are still really low. The socioeconomic impact will cause more deaths than Covid-19.

Curtism1234, sorry for your loss. RIP

To paraphrase Winston Churchill (Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result), it is a shame more of our population haven't had the benefit of a 152mm round going off nearby without effect. Or considering our forum, perhaps dropping a leopard or buffalo off the muzzle of a rifle. Experiences like that tend to put into perspective the actual threat represented by Covid and its ilk.

Instead, the vast majority of our fellow travelers lead hermetically sealed existences characterized by incredible personal safety. Without relative experiences to guide them, something like COVID becomes the existential threat of their lifetimes.

People have indeed died from this virus. More will. We all mourn Curtism 1234's loss. Others will die from complications that can be attributed to the virus (however tenuously). Many others will die from the measures taken to combat the disease. But compared to war, policing, firefighting, even dangerous game hunting, etc, Covid is little more than nuisance.

My brother and sister - both in their 60's - tested positive. He is a trial lawyer and loyal democrat. Like presumably most regular CNN viewers, he went to the doctor expecting serious medical intervention. Instead, his doctor offered him a general anti-biotic to prevent pneumonia. He was told to return if he experienced any real difficulty breathing. His symptoms were gone in a week, and his spouse never evidenced any real issues. According to the CDC, a quarter million deaths can be blamed on COVID. However, my brother and sister-in-law's experience is what more than 99.5% of those infected will actually experience.

What I believe history will eventually tell us is that this year has proven the overwhelming power of propaganda in the digital age. Goebbels would have used the term "Big Lie", but in our case it is the "Big Story." No one, regardless of their credentials, is allowed to deviate from the script of the Big Story. Respected physicians who actually have large case loads and do actual research (unlike a bureaucrat with a medical degree such as Fausci) are regularly silenced on social media, ignored by the MSM, and ridiculed when they do manage to successfully share their research and views.

The other thing we have learned is the intoxication of power as petty tyrants order populations to behave in ways that are "best for them." The old adage that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely is being played out in localities big and small around the world. It is so intoxicating that these temporary dictators do lasting economic damage to their cities, states, and populations simply because they can. Occasionally, their overreach is ridiculed (Newsom "ordering" people to wear masks when visiting in homes the most recent), but more often, the thoroughly terrorized people go along.

Fueled by the political season, one senses a growing frustration. Politicians, vested in their courses of action become ever more intransigent, while citizens finally are beginning to overcome personal fear with some healthy bits of skepticism, common sense, and personal responsibility. The President's quick recovery must have been devastating to the proponents of the "Big Lie - er Story."

Last edited:
To paraphrase Winston Churchill (Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result), it is a shame more of our population haven't had the benefit of a 152mm round going off nearby without effect. Or considering our forum, perhaps dropping a leopard or buffalo off the muzzle of a rifle. Experiences like that tend to put into perspective the actual threat represented by Covid and its ilk.

Instead, the vast majority of our fellow travelers lead hermetically sealed existences characterized by incredible personal safety. Without relative experiences to guide them, something like COVID becomes the existential threat of their lifetimes.

People have indeed died from this virus. More will. We all mourn Curtism 1234's loss. Others will die from complications that can be attributed to the virus (however tenuously). Many others will die from the measures taken to combat the disease. But compared to war, policing, firefighting, even dangerous game hunting, etc, Covid is little more than nuisance.

My brother and sister - both in their 60's - tested positive. He is a trial lawyer and loyal democrat. Like presumably most regular CNN viewers, he went to the doctor expecting serious medical intervention. Instead, his doctor offered him a general anti-biotic to prevent pneumonia. He was told to return if he experienced any real difficulty breathing. His symptoms were gone in a week, and his spouse never evidenced any real issues. According to the CDC, a quarter million deaths can be blamed on COVID. However, my brother and sister-in-law's experience is what more than 99.5% of those infected will actually experience.

What I believe history will eventually tell us is that this year has proven the overwhelming power of propaganda in the digital age. Goebbels would have used the term "Big Lie", but in our case it is the "Big Story." No one, regardless of their credentials, is allowed to deviate from the script of the Big Story. Respected physicians who actually have large case loads and do actual research (unlike a bureaucrat with a medical degree such as Fausci) are regularly silenced on social media, ignored by the MSM, and ridiculed when they do manage to successfully share their research and views.

The other thing we have learned is the intoxication of power as petty tyrants order populations to behave in ways that are "best for them." The old adage that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely is being played out in localities big and small around the world. It is so intoxicating that these temporary dictators do lasting economic damage to their cities, states, and populations simply because they can. Occasionally, their overreach is ridiculed (Newsom "ordering" people to wear masks when visiting in homes the most recent), but more often, the thoroughly terrorized people go along.

Fueled by the political season, one senses a growing frustration. Politicians, vested in their courses of action become ever more intransigent, while citizens finally are beginning to overcome personal fear with some healthy bits of skepticism, common sense, and personal responsibility. The President's quick recovery must have been devastating to the proponents of the "Big Lie - er Story."

Nicely put....the nanny states have created a compliant populace , that they along with a media fully in step with them have scared the crap out of their populations .....and I cant see it getting better ....the sheeple have succumbed

Last edited:
My neighbor has two teenage boys. He has them convinced that covid will drop them dead if they get it. I have noticed a lot of new fence being built in the pastures. New paint on the out building and house. Hardly weed anywhere and winter supply of wood cut. He told me covid really working out well for him.

IMG_20201120_123942_529.jpg

126401175_10218561415766690_3275187442901222006_n.jpg

Screenshot_20201122-171352_Gallery.jpg

My wife saying to her daughters
Screenshot_20201119-190215_Facebook.jpeg

Clear as day:

@Red Leg you nailed it. When simple words send the group of media driven fear into hiding A RPG streaking close by the front of their little yuppie cars would most likely send them into lockdown and complete mental shutdown.

There is good news from all this Covid-19 sh*t. In the Durham region east of Toronto where I live regular seasonal influenza has been eradicated. This is the first year that we have had no cases reported in October. I call BS on that, it is more sensational to call it all Covid so they can lock everyone down, destroy the economy and get us ready for the “big reset”! Thank you to V Veritas for the informative post. I can see why it was removed form social media, as the truth does not support “the big lie”.

Everyone should read through this analysis out of Johns Hopkins. To cut to the chase, Covid has had no effect on annual US mortality rates - even among the elderly. None. At all.

I assume sharing it on Twitter or Facebook would get one banned and the author "canceled."

An extract. I remain more certain than ever that history will study 2020 not as the year of the great Covid pandemic, but as the year of the great Covid Hysteria.

The CDC classified all deaths that are related to COVID-19 simply as COVID-19 deaths. Even patients dying from other underlying diseases but are infected with COVID-19 count as COVID-19 deaths. This is likely the main explanation as to why COVID-19 deaths drastically increased while deaths by all other diseases experienced a significant decrease.

“All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers. We found no evidence to the contrary,” Briand concluded.

In an interview with The News-Letter, Briand addressed the question of whether COVID-19 deaths can be called misleading since the infection might have exacerbated and even led to deaths by other underlying diseases.

“If [the COVID-19 death toll] was not misleading at all, what we should have observed is an increased number of heart attacks and increased COVID-19 numbers. But a decreased number of heart attacks and all the other death causes doesn’t give us a choice but to point to some misclassification,” Briand replied.

In other words, the effect of COVID-19 on deaths in the U.S. is considered problematic only when it increases the total number of deaths or the true death burden by a significant amount in addition to the expected deaths by other causes. Since the crude number of total deaths by all causes before and after COVID-19 has stayed the same, one can hardly say, in Briand’s view, that COVID-19 deaths are concerning.

@Redleg,

The article you posted appears not to be so definitive as related by the editor of the student publication in which it was published. The following is the retraction on the JHU website.

“A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19
By YANNI GU | November 27, 2020

Editor’s Note: After The News-Letter published this article on Nov. 22, it was brought to our attention that our coverage of Genevieve Briand’s presentation “COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data” has been used to support dangerous inaccuracies that minimize the impact of the pandemic.

We decided on Nov. 26 to retract this article to stop the spread of misinformation, as we noted on social media. However, it is our responsibility as journalists to provide a historical record. We have chosen to take down the article from our website, but it is available here as a PDF.

In accordance with our standards for transparency, we are sharing with our readers how we came to this decision. The News-Letter is an editorially and financially independent, student-run publication. Our articles and content are not endorsed by the University or the School of Medicine, and our decision to retract this article was made independently.

Briand’s study should not be used exclusively in understanding the impact of COVID-19, but should be taken in context with the countless other data published by Hopkins, the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

As assistant director for the Master’s in Applied Economics program at Hopkins, Briand is neither a medical professional nor a disease researcher. At her talk, she herself stated that more research and data are needed to understand the effects of COVID-19 in the U.S.

Briand was quoted in the article as saying, “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.” This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the spike in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years. According to the CDC, there have been almost 300,000 excess deaths due to COVID-19. Additionally, Briand presented data of total U.S. deaths in comparison to COVID-19-related deaths as a proportion percentage, which trivializes the repercussions of the pandemic. This evidence does not disprove the severity of COVID-19; an increase in excess deaths is not represented in these proportionalities because they are offered as percentages, not raw numbers.

Briand also claimed in her analysis that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may be incorrectly categorized as COVID-19-related deaths. However, COVID-19 disproportionately affects those with preexisting conditions, so those with those underlying conditions are statistically more likely to be severely affected and die from the virus.

Because of these inaccuracies and our failure to provide additional information about the effects of COVID-19, The News-Letter decided to retract this article. It is our duty as a publication to combat the spread of misinformation and to enhance our fact-checking process. We apologize to our readers. “

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg