COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

"COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc."

I look back now on this thread title that I edited. I was obviously initially hoping it would be an informative consolidated thread to try and help fellow hunters keep/stay apprized of rapidly changing events and facts as the various countries came to grips (tried to) with what was happening.
It is interesting how the thread has evolved....
Kubler-Ross would be proud.

far-side-just-plain-nuts-psychiatrist-psychologist_1_5b35bb9b81f000ab672abce7d4a364a1.jpg

Agree with you Wayne, started as a serious thread, focused on information, and evolved into jokes, memes, and US politics.

All threads or posts that stay active for a long period of time seem to go through a metamorphosis. Normally ending up with a bunch of memes or jokes, an off topic argument, or somebody getting butt hurt. Just an observation.

Department of Veterans Affairs math is like this, only with subtraction and division.

Corporate America uses this same math when bidding for their government contracts to include how much they will need to provide in kick backs to the proper government officials to get their products and services approved.

"COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc."

I look back now on this thread title that I edited. I was obviously initially hoping it would be an informative consolidated thread to try and help fellow hunters keep/stay apprized of rapidly changing events and facts as the various countries came to grips (tried to) with what was happening.
It is interesting how the thread has evolved....
Kubler-Ross would be proud.

View attachment 358111

My mind has devolved to the point that I can't focus on anything longer than a meme.:(

Oh no! I did it again and am evidently off topic.:E Horrified:

:S Oops:
:S Off Topic:
:S Hijack:
:S Topic:

I will try to do better, but as you know, some cases are near hopeless.:A Whacky:

photo-1542706935-033eff497b2b

Attachments

• EdDtvvwWkAALts0.jpg
    EdDtvvwWkAALts0.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 64
All threads or posts that stay active for a long period of time seem to go through a metamorphosis. Normally ending up with a bunch of memes or jokes, an off topic argument, or somebody getting butt hurt. Just an observation.

No they don't! This isn't true at all!

:cool:

:A Outta:

Wearing a (Non N95) mask does nothing to protect the person wearing it. What it does do is protect those around you from germs you may be shedding. This is why people who are wearing masks get pissed off at those who choose not to in close quarters.

By not wearing a mask at the Walmart Joe Shmoe is telling me he doesn’t appreciate the measures I have taken to protect him and also doesn’t mind unnecessarily endangering me.

It's hard to keep things like this serious and informative when, at least locally (East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia), combined news stations spend half of their allotted time to the Coronavirus and only report new number of cases, current total of cases since the start of the pandemic, the occasional new death toll (and added numbers of deaths '.....that may not be related to the Coronavirus...').

Virginia doesn't record/report recoveries, only new cases and toll since start of pandemic, and number of deaths from the virus.

Tennessee was on the other giving all the numbers and has since reduced to just reporting numbers of new cases for Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee by county, number of total cases of each state, occasionally number of recoveries and number of deaths.

Now last night I did a little math, with Google information:

Tennessee according to Google information has a current population of over 449,000: according to WJHL and WCYB news, Coronavirus cases total over 71,000 cases (since the start of the pandemic) and 731 [(?) '.....some may not be related to the Coronavirus....'] deaths.

I haven't done the figures for Virginia... yet.

More information and factors to consider:

Two major healthcare providers merged into one, against popular public opinion, and several small rural hospitals were closed, because they weren't making sufficient profits for the newly formed Ballad Healthcare system.

Next came the reduction and consolidation of healthcare services, again against popular public opinion.

Now the CEO of Ballad Healthcare System is saying "they" the system are being overwhelmed by Coronavirus cases.

When I look at the numbers above, consider the common cold that has no cure, and can develop into pneumonia and dead, consider the flu season and how many deaths are related to it and the number of people who recover, whether or not they get an annual flu vaccine.

If not for all the mainstream media hype and hysteria; How or Why should people go into a panic mode?

Yes! The Coronavirus is a serious worldwide pandemic.

Yes! The Coronavirus is a biological threat, released upon the world population.

But the numbers just don't justify a reasonable cause for pandemic panic.

Maybe some of you here on AH can help do some of the math with me and post your results:

World population, number of transportation accidents [individually (auto, plane, train, traffic, in home, etc)] for any number of years [(between 2018 to 2020)(preferably just one year)], number of survivors, number of deaths.

World population, number of injuries related to [individually (murder, homicide, suicide, other accidental, various types assaults, etc), number of survivors, number of deaths.

I think and in my own opinion, as serious as we think and are told/made to believe the Coronavirus is it will eventually pale to other more common daily, locality threats and hazards, such as snake bites, tick and other insect bites and stings, mosquito bites and the diseases they transmitt, food related allergies and bacterial infections, etc., etc., etc..

If it were not for all the world governments and the world healthcare communities ranting, screaming, demanding for big pharmaceutical companies to create a vaccine against this Coronavirus, and big pharmaceutical companies viewing the vast amounts of profits can make from such a vaccine: Big pharmaceutical companies would just look at it as another not worth the costs, as with the Zika virus, and other very low percentage lifesaving vaccines, drugs and equipment.

Just my 2 cents on why originally intended serious and informative conversations soon become topics of "humor".

Now there is a new threat: bubonic plague infected squirrels.

Covid math explained:

Well gents, whatever "math" you use makes little sense, as this is not over yet, unfortunately. The figures will certainly not be the same a year from now.

Comparisons between countries make even less sense, as the stage of the infection is not the same for all of them, so it´s like comparing apples to oranges.

@Ridge Runner, I agree that we should not go into into "panic mode", that never helps, but we should be careful, and take basic protection measures.

Wearing a (Non N95) mask does nothing to protect the person wearing it. What it does do is protect those around you from germs you may be shedding. This is why people who are wearing masks get pissed off at those who choose not to in close quarters.

By not wearing a mask at the Walmart Joe Shmoe is telling me he doesn’t appreciate the measures I have taken to protect him and also doesn’t mind unnecessarily endangering me.
Nope NOT exactly true either. May apply in small way to transmission via droplet hitchhiking but most assuredly doesn’t if transmission is via colloidal vapor or aerosol dispersion. Funny how the media has buried that important tidbit. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!
I especially like Michelle Malkin’s come back when some “Karen” gives her the glare and asks, “where’s your mask?” Her reply is quick and to the point, “where’s your brain?“

Last edited:
Nope NOT exactly true either. May apply in small way to transmission via droplet hitchhiking but most assuredly doesn’t if transmission is via colloidal vapor or aerosol dispersion. Funny how the media has buried that important tidbit. FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!
I especially like Michelle Malkin’s come back when some “Karen” gives her the glare and asks, “where’s your mask?” Her reply is quick and to the point, “where’s your brain?“

Please help me understand your point.

Virus contained in droplets, warm moist air and aerosolized virus exiting the mouth and nose stays closer to the host regardless of it being trapped inside a mask or not, when a mask is worn properly.

Sick person wear mask, less likely make me sick. We both wear mask and not try make out through masks, virtual impossibility of make me sick. Nine out of ten scientists not associated with Alex Jones agree.

Since I have thought about it overnight I have decided to comply with the mask mandates. After all I want to be a great Patriot and American and definitely don’t want to be selfish. So if it saves lives I’ll do it. But I need guidance from the experts on here since I am obviously clueless. Please help.

QUESTION(s):

1) After shopping at the local grocery store, do we leave the masks on once we leave or does the virus just stay in the stores?
- If we leave it on, then for how long?
- How many miles can I drive before it is safe to remove the mask?

2) What about my fingers, arms, legs, head, neck and toes? Should I disinfect them BEFORE or AFTER I remove my mask? After all they were exposed at the store.

2.1) if I touch my mask do I have to sanitize my hands
2.2) now I contaminated my hand sanitizer bottle . What do I do?

3) When we arrive home from the grocery store do we disinfect the goods and bags BEFORE we bring them inside or AFTER?
- Do I put the mask back on?

4) Once we have the goods inside do we disinfect the entire car or just the trunk?

5) Do we need to disinfect our counter tops, pantries, refrigerator, entire kitchen, the dogs (they always sniff the bags) doors we touched, the garage, driveway and street?

6) What should we do about the food and goods purchased? Do we need to disinfect all these items as well? After all they were in the grocery store exposed to all these nasty liberal viruses.

7) What should I do with my homemade fancy cloth mask? Do I burn it? It was also exposed to the nasty liberal virus at the store?

8)What about the clothes I wore to the store? Is disinfecting them ok? Do I disinfect them in the grocery store parking lot or in my garage?

9) What about my eyes? Are there special eye drops I need to take? Where do I get those?

10) After consuming the goods from the store do I need a biohazard bag for the waste? (Both trash and poop)

11) Is the juice and milk I bought safe to drink or should i disinfect it first?

12) Is there a specific shampoo to use if I get a hair cut to disinfect my hair?

13) My meds...what about my meds? Are they safe to orally consume or should I disinfect them too?

14) If I shop at a hardware store should I disinfect each screw, nut and bolt BEFORE or AFTER I put them in my project?

15) I want to paint my room but I am not sure if I should disinfect the paint BEFORE or AFTER I apply it to the walls.

16) What if I forgot to follow any of the above do I call the fire department, CDC or psychiatrist?

Just drink some good bourbon once a day. That'll be enough to purge the cooties from your system and you'll be able to sleep well knowing you've done your part.

Just drink some good bourbon once a day. That'll be enough to purge the cooties from your system and you'll be able to sleep well knowing you've done your part.

Hog patrol thank you for the clarification, I am/was drinking bourbon all day. I thought that was the cure!

Patient phones doctor in January as COVID-19 is beginning to erupt.

Patient: Hey doc I’m reading a lot of bad things about this thing. All of the talking heads and internet experts are saying wildly different things and I’m not sure what to believe.

Doctor: Well Jim this virus is a little scary. You may get it and show no signs and appear perfectly healthy, yet transmit it to your mother when you go to her house for dinner. She may have a much more severe response and die.

Patient: Oh God! That’s terrible.

Doctor: Don’t worry though. All it will take to curb this is a quick response from the State and Federal governments and some altruistic precautions from the general public. You’ll need to wear a mask when you go out and maybe not stand so close to each other. If everyone does their part we’ll get through this.

Patient: (crickets)

Doctor: I think I may have misstated the level of anxiety you should be feeling and our collective chances of being okay. What I should have said is “we’re all going to f*#%ing die!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg