COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Very good and logical interview with the Swedish governments advisor.... All politicians should have to watch it....agree that no government thought about how to reopen when they put lock downs in place.....and the fact that this virus is here and isn't going to vanish....see what he says....nice to see logical thinking

I've always been suspicious of the phrase "flattening the curve". With a contagious viral infection of this nature and within a large, mobile population, flattening the curve also results in lengthening the curve. Doesn't that fit right into a more permanent status for the newly discovered power of certain political positions and an agenda aimed at November?

Flattening the curve is the equivalent of using a spillway to maintain the level of a pond during heavy rain. If you were to let the pond fill and overflow the banks you are not directing when or in what direction she flows. Overflow the dam and you may be okay, you may just get a little water over the top, or it may erode the dam and empty the entire pond.

Do we want a metered flow of patients in volumes our limited facilities and staff can serve or do we want more sick than can be served? Imagine the 50 person deep line at Costco with you at the back. The dry erase board at the entrance says toilet paper is available today but low inventory. You and your entire family have the trots.

Now replace Costco with the nearest hospital and TP with ventilators, IV’s, antibiotics, hospital beds and any of the other things that may keep you alive when you are sick or injured. Call flattening the curve whatever you like, but avoiding a New York-like situation is a good idea.

How far in advance from flight dates have airlines such as Qatar been canceling flights?

Flattening the curve is the equivalent of using a spillway to maintain the level of a pond during heavy rain. If you were to let the pond fill and overflow the banks you are not directing when or in what direction she flows. Overflow the dam and you may be okay, you may just get a little water over the top, or it may erode the dam and empty the entire pond.

Do we want a metered flow of patients in volumes our limited facilities and staff can serve or do we want more sick than can be served? Imagine the 50 person deep line at Costco with you at the back. The dry erase board at the entrance says toilet paper is available today but low inventory. You and your entire family have the trots.

Now replace Costco with the nearest hospital and TP with ventilators, IV’s, antibiotics, hospital beds and any of the other things that may keep you alive when you are sick or injured. Call flattening the curve whatever you like, but avoiding a New York-like situation is a good idea.

Sounds good and is the "official line". The reality may be something else. At what point in the curve does any medical drip under pressure (xpert in front of a camera) or politician willing to say, "all is good to go and the curve is flat enough" ??

And really- are we that sophisticated to be able to "meter the flow"? Again sounds good and is the "line".

How far in advance from flight dates have airlines such as Qatar been canceling flights?
Was scheduled for 5/16 on Qatar, PHL-JNB. They cancelled two weeks before departure.

Except it hasn't happened that way. In fact, we have done the equivalent of shutting down dozens of Costco's to keep a Walmart open. Hospitals across the country are closed to normal care to serve the non-existent flood of Covid patience. This is madness.

What is worse, it has become a political game where one covid death is one too many. How about all the missed melanoma screenings, the stress test that wasn't administered, etc., etc. Madness.

Just read where Delta will limit seating to 50% capacity in first class and 60% in economy for the time being.

Just read where Delta will limit seating to 50% capacity in first class and 60% in economy for the time being.
If I'm reading it right, there are now four classes of seating, first, premium select, comfort and Greyhound special (steerage).
Prices are still double Qatar.

Won't make a difference won't fly delta ever .there price is way off qatar

I love Qatar, fantastic flights thru the past few years, but I really enjoy the direct flights delta offers, I squeeze in a full day or 2 days hunting. I wish delta had the aircraft and staff of qatar

What an ass. They’d better not ask for help again!

Wonder how many health care workers will go to New York to help out when the second wave of the virus hits.:whistle:

https://www.pix11.com/news/coronavi...g-pandemic-have-to-pay-state-income-tax-cuomo

Health workers that volunteered to come to NY during pandemic have to pay state income tax: Cuomo

It is just part of the plan.
If you discourage any volunteers to show up and help, people will get sicker and increase the number of death. So NY qualifies for more COVID 19 relief money. Besides, scared people are complying people. That’s any politicians’ dream.

95919331_10157475698032297_1544310866290147328_n.jpeg

Saw a lady driving alone in her car wearing a facemask, and a Joe Biden sticker on the back window.

You might be a Democrat if.......

Except it hasn't happened that way. In fact, we have done the equivalent of shutting down dozens of Costco's to keep a Walmart open. Hospitals across the country are closed to normal care to serve the non-existent flood of Covid patience. This is madness.

What is worse, it has become a political game where one covid death is one too many. How about all the missed melanoma screenings, the stress test that wasn't administered, etc., etc. Madness.

And, these are the ones they admit to, I could not imagine the grief:

https://nowtoronto.com/news/april-28-coronavirus-updates-toronto-news/

Bloody sad news for Ontario.

Thankfully, for us here, the policy was and is:
  • "Urgent and emergency surgery, as well as oncology and scheduled caesarean procedures, will continue."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,