COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Latest email from the U.S. State Department. I take it as "You have been warned".

profile_mask2.png

STEP Notifications <00000002837efc59-dmarc-request@calist.state.gov> Unsubscribe
7:41 PM (1 hour ago)

to ACS_GLOBAL
cleardot.gif

The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel. Many countries are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and implementing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines, closing borders, and prohibiting non-citizens from entry with little advance notice. Airlines have cancelled many international flights and several cruise operators have suspended operations or cancelled trips. If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe.

On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure of U.S. personnel and family members from any diplomatic or consular post in the world who have determined they are at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19 or who have requested departure based on a commensurate justification. These departures may limit the ability of U.S. Embassies and consulates to provide services to U.S. citizens.

For the latest information regarding COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) website.

You are encouraged to visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security. Please also visit the website of the relevant U.S. embassy or consulate to see information on entry restrictions, foreign quarantine policies, and urgent health information provided by local governments.

Travelers are urged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. The Department uses these Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc. In an emergency, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate or call the following numbers: 1(888) 407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada) or 1 (202) 501-4444 from other countries or jurisdictions.

If you decide to travel abroad or are already outside the United States:

We were notified by our Russian outfitter today that they were rescheduling our May bear hunt to next year - same hunt cost. I assumed we were not going, but it is a bit like a Mexican stand off. Appreciate them taking the initiative. Aeroflot will also reimburse our tickets fro JFK. Only outlier is Delta (naturally) which is our carrier from DFW to JFK.

I always like it when someone says a friend of my second cousins first born knows someone who works somewhere.

I highly doubt that if there was any truth to the statement a number of post above. I also doubt that a person with only 6 years on the job unless they had a masters degree in it would be privy to any of this kind of information. Not to mention that I don't think that the CDC does anything with a weapons based environmental or bio weapon.

CDC stands for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Not for centers for disease development.
And I’ll happily put my compartmented clearance history up against anyone’s nephew working at CDC.

check out the execise called crimson contagion and observe the results that we implamented from it and jim P that nephew has a doctorate in biological research .

The potential news on chloroquine is great. Fox just had a video that was very interesting. Malarial zones don’t have high concentrations of the virus. Is it possible that chloroquine in humans system is keeping the virus numbers to a minimum throughout the tropics? I have no clue but it is interesting to consider.
upload_2020-3-19_20-56-38.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-19_20-56-19.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-19_20-56-19.jpeg
    740.9 KB · Views: 53
Totally agree. Didn't it take Obama 6 months to start getting a handle on the H1N1 outbreak?
1000 Americans had died before the Bamster did anything... Worthless:(. Getting really fricking :mad:tired of libtards taking advantage of this situation to try to bash Trump. Just disgusting!:mad:

We were notified by our Russian outfitter today that they were rescheduling our May bear hunt to next year - same hunt cost. I assumed we were not going, but it is a bit like a Mexican stand off. Appreciate them taking the initiative. Aeroflot will also reimburse our tickets fro JFK. Only outlier is Delta (naturally) which is our carrier from DFW to JFK.

That is just another tick in the positive column for that Outfitter.
How Outfitters handle the crap they have been dealt is always telling.
Most certainly when they are fair and look after their customers. (y)

no one needs to pay anyone to denigrate Trumps name he does a excellent job of that himself just by opening his mouth
Oh great, just what America needs in her hour of need, another Never Trumper!! Take it somewhere else, like CNN!

Is Chloroquine taken as a preventative, or is it just for helping to cure the Virus?

Just guesses until the science backs it up. I love a Hypothesis, lets prove it out and get on with making people healthy.

Treatment only at this point I understand. Will be a while before they have a vaccine.

check out the execise called crimson contagion and observe the results that we implamented from it and jim P that nephew has a doctorate in biological research .
Oh good Lord. Crimson Contagion is an unclassified multi-agency exercise to practice response to a pandemic. One hopes some of those lessons learned are being followed by the CDC - I am starting to have my doubts. And I could care less how many degrees your nephew has. You implied that he had disclosed to you that the US government was experimenting with Ebola as a weapon. Any such program would be highly classified as a compartmented activity. Your nephew regardless of his degrees has no such clearances at CDC. If he did and disclosed any of that information, he should be in jail.

Yes. The US research laboratories are concerned about the deliberate release of a pathogen in this country. They study their potential. They do not weaponize them. Implying that they have does a disservice to all those patriots. And it should appear obvious, that everyone should have been paying more attention to what they were discovering.

Oh good Lord. Crimson Contagion is an unclassified multi-agency exercise to practice response to a pandemic. One hopes some of those lessons learned are being followed by the CDC - I am starting to have my doubts. And I could care less how many degrees your nephew has. You implied that he had disclosed to you that the US government was experimenting with Ebola as a weapon. Any such program would be highly classified as a compartmented activity. Your nephew regardless of his degrees has no such clearances at CDC. If he did and disclosed any of that information, he should be in jail.

Yes. The US research laboratories are concerned about the deliberate release of a pathogen in this country. They study their potential. They do not weaponize them. Implying that they have does a disservice to all those patriots. And it should appear obvious, that everyone should have been paying more attention to what they were discovering.
And further thankfully discredits any of the nonsense so far spewed by the Trump hating life long democrat that knows nothing and cant even spell half the words in his baloney. Good grief, where do they come from? Very tiresome..:(

The potential news on chloroquine is great. Fox just had a video that was very interesting. Malarial zones don’t have high concentrations of the virus. Is it possible that chloroquine in humans system is keeping the virus numbers to a minimum throughout the tropics? I have no clue but it is interesting to consider.
View attachment 336991
Interesting. Most everyone I know who lives in that part of the world relies on antibiotics. I suspect the real anti-viral agent is heat. It will be interesting to see the geographic distribution and time line in North America when this abates. I would not be surprised if it follows the flu paradigm peaking in March with a broader footprint in the Northern tier of states.

I just saw a report from BBC that "polluting gases are falling off as the virus spreads"

Hmmmmm. I'm thinking Fox could have a new conspiracy.....
Unknown.jpeg

(Just my dark sense of humour taking over after a long day.)

Got to love the celebration of industrial demise as the economy collapses. What will all those earnest idealists do without their lattes?

@Red Leg well you might be able to get a bear on the Alaska Peninsula this spring and that R8 of yours would be welcome in camp. Lol.
:A Stirring::E Frightened::A Outta:

And further thankfully discredits any of the nonsense so far spewed by the Trump hating life long democrat that knows nothing and cant even spell half the words in his baloney. Good grief, where do they come from? Very tiresome..:(

Pointing out that Trump is his own worst enemy is really just being observant. If spelling, grammar, word usage and fallacious arguments are disqualifying on this form things may be left to Brickburn alone.

Anybody want to get back to discussing how to keep friends and family safe from an unfortunate outbreak of Covid-19?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.