COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Our county just reported the first covid cases. Two women in their 40s, one man in his 50s and an infant. Virus is not just for the elderly.

Our county just reported the first covid cases. Two women in their 40s, one man in his 50s and an infant. Virus is not just for the elderly.
Only 25% of cases in China were people with underlying conditions but that is where 99% of deaths came from. 75% of cases are young people and people with no underlying conditions but only a .9% fatality rate.

Chinese death rates by age:
10-19 = .2%
20-29 = .2%
30-39 = .2%
40-49 = .4%
50-59 = 1.3%
60-69 = 3.6%
70-79 = 8%
80+ = 14.8%
Overall case fatality rate = 2.3%
FATALITY RATE FOR PATIENTS WITH NO COMORBID CONDITIONS = .9%

This means that 91.9% of fatalities had comorbid (complicating factors). Why don't we just have seniors with complications and others with complications stay home so we can keep our businesses and economy running??? Talk to your politicians with these facts.

I heard today that Italy's deaths are also 99% people with underlying conditions. I am looking into it.

http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/en/article/id/e53946e2-c6c4-41e9-9a9b-fea8db1a8f51

Whoops had a typo. Should say:

This means that 99.1% of fatalities had comorbid (complicating factors).

Chinese death rates by age:
10-19 = .2%
20-29 = .2%
30-39 = .2%
40-49 = .4%
50-59 = 1.3%
60-69 = 3.6%
70-79 = 8%
80+ = 14.8%
Overall case fatality rate = 2.3%
FATALITY RATE FOR PATIENTS WITH NO COMORBID CONDITIONS = .9%

This means that 91.9% of fatalities had comorbid (complicating factors). Why don't we just have seniors with complications and others with complications stay home so we can keep our businesses and economy running??? Talk to your politicians with these facts.

I heard today that Italy's deaths are also 99% people with underlying conditions. I am looking into it.

http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/en/article/id/e53946e2-c6c4-41e9-9a9b-fea8db1a8f51

It may come down to that if a vaccine turns out to be a multi-year effort. The issue is that the complications include age, obesity, hypertension, heart and respiratory issues and so forth that encompass something over 40% of the adult US population. It's not just asking the over 65's to stay home.

It may come down to that if a vaccine turns out to be a multi-year effort. The issue is that the complications include age, obesity, hypertension, heart and respiratory issues and so forth that encompass something over 40% of the adult US population. It's not just asking the over 65's to stay home.

You are incorrect in reference to what this study considers underlying complications. They are cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, hypertension and cancer. No mention of age and obesity. Age and obesity are not underlying conditions or the death rate would be enormous.

Underlying conditions in no way cover 40% of the US population.

I trust the people I know on the front lines of this in Seattle

There are a lot of good things about Seattle, but I wouldn't trust that bunch of politicians running it any farther than I can throw the entire homeless population which their policies have encouraged.

While younger people may not have the mortality rate of older people, they still take up their share of hospital and ICU beds. Keeping the medical system from being overloaded is important.

With school closed, many kids have extended their spring break. It will be interesting what comes out of the 2020 spring break petri dish.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

FIGURE 2. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) hospitalizations,* intensive care unit (ICU) admissions,† and deaths,§ by age group — United States, February 12– March 16, 2020
mm6912e2-F2.gif

* Hospitalization status missing or unknown for 1,514 cases.

† ICU status missing or unknown for 2,253 cases.

§ Illness outcome or death missing or unknown for 2,001 cases.

daytonto_daytona-e1398461990933-320x240.jpg

imagem-20190703042322-1.jpg

Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-1-1-1.png

Attachments

• Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-1-1-1.png
    230 KB · Views: 65
  • daytonto_daytona-e1398461990933-320x240.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 66
  • imagem-20190703042322-1.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 64
  • mm6912e2-F2.gif
    mm6912e2-F2.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 65
My friend I’ve never met .375 Ruger fan gave a quality account of an earthquake in Utah this morning. I was walking out of the fire station where I had spent a surreally stressful 48 hours. I’m not aware of any injuries that required ems hep and our dept was able to staff and send extra help to heavily damaged areas.
It’s a tough environment to work in and people are feeling the pressure.
I hope for some good news soon. Just one good thing, that’s all I ask.
Thank you all for prayers and well wishes. Maybe someone could start a thread about most agonizing misses or best shots ever or something along those lines to help me chuckle and daydream for awhile. . .am really enjoying my Kevin Thomas book now that I am home with my kids

While younger people may not have the mortality rate of older people, they still take up their share of hospital and ICU beds. Keeping the medical system from being overloaded is important.

With school closed, many kids have extended their spring break. It will be interesting what comes out of the 2020 spring break petri dish.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

FIGURE 2. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) hospitalizations,* intensive care unit (ICU) admissions,† and deaths,§ by age group — United States, February 12– March 16, 2020
mm6912e2-F2.gif

* Hospitalization status missing or unknown for 1,514 cases.

† ICU status missing or unknown for 2,253 cases.

§ Illness outcome or death missing or unknown for 2,001 cases.

I reviewed the same report. The problem with this report is that it does not separate people with underlying conditions. It only lists cases by age.

Looks like tonic water is in everyone future.

Interesting analysis from Johns Hopkins

84434621_10157151070021274_8640627335080443904_o.jpg

The epidemiological characteristics of coronavirus do not match the response. .9% of the healthy people that get CV have died. About 3% of unhealthy people that get it have died. We accept that a half million flu deaths will occur yearly to the same vulnerable populations with underlying conditions. Are you less dead if the flu kills you? Why aren't we concentrating on those people with underlying conditions and limiting interactions with them? Instead, we are shutting down everything and everyone. Our free market economy is a risk. Recessions, depressions and unemployment cause deaths as well.

The epidemiological characteristics of coronavirus do not match the response. .9% of the healthy people that get CV have died. About 3% of unhealthy people that get it have died. We accept that a half million flu deaths will occur yearly to the same vulnerable populations with underlying conditions. Are you less dead if the flu kills you? Why aren't we concentrating on those people with underlying conditions and limiting interactions with them? Instead, we are shutting down everything and everyone. Our free market economy is a risk. Recessions, depressions and unemployment cause deaths as well.
Exactly.

Bingo.

josh-hawley-multinationals-wall-street-vs-main-street.jpg

Attachments

• josh-hawley-multinationals-wall-street-vs-main-street.jpg
    josh-hawley-multinationals-wall-street-vs-main-street.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 54
To that I would add that any airline that comes asking for public money better be prepared to treat the public like owners going forward, instead of like sheep.

When airlines make big profits (as they have recently), they pay out dividends, or buy back stock. In the last 6 years, American Airlines alone has spent $15 billion buying back its own stock (NY Times, March 16). That's on top of dividends they have paid to shareholders. Don't get me wrong - I believe in capitalism, and companies can do what they want with their profits. (American's CEO had this to say in 2017: “I don’t think we’re ever going to lose money again." Famous last words.) But when a company comes begging for help from us (and make no mistake - it's our money they want), that's not capitalism, and they need to explain why they are so needy, what they propose to do with it, and what they propose to give us for it. There is no question I have no desire to bail out the owners of airlines, nor should those to whom we entrust our tax dollars, without some real, tangible payback.

Business is business. You want a loan, go to a bank. Otherwise, better be prepared to offer something compelling.

Until you have worked in the commercial pork industry and seen a virus move through a 500 sow pig barn over night and kill 397 head of sows full of baby pigs the next two day its hard to realy understand their reasons for no large assemblys of people.We tend to err on the side of caution more nowadays than we ever used to is that because we learned something from past experience????

Last edited by a moderator:
Until you have worked in the commercial pork industry and seen a virus move through a 500 sow pig barn over night and kill 397 head of sows full of baby pigs the next two day its hard to realy understand their reasons for no large assemblys of people.We tend to error on the side of caution more now day than we ever used to is that because we learned something from past experience????

That would be an excellent point if we were dealing with something that deadly but fortunately, we are not. If it was that deadly, I would be among the first to call for 100% quarantines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!