COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

sgt_zim

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
March 23
SOUTH AFRICA (RSA) announces a 21 day countrywide Lock Down effective midnight Thursday March 26

March 15.
SOUTH AFRICA (RSA) is closing it's borders to non-citizens of the USA and the UK and a host of others. As well as travellers going through high risk countries.

NAMIBIA has closed all air traffic from Germany and Qatar.
The implications for Safari Season is rather obvious.

The situation is changing constantly and quickly.

Read on to get further details.

Moderator: This thread includes many updates on Border Closures, Airline Shut Downs and other restrictions. Please add useful topical information.

According to Taiwan News...https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

Number of cases and deaths is orders of magnitude higher than what the communists are reporting (is that really a big surprise?).

Number of cases: 155,000
Number of add'l suspected cases: 80,000
Number of dead: 24,500

Last edited by a moderator:
The link provided here is a DAILY report provided by WHO on the current status of Novel Coronavirus(2019-nCoV)

Situation Report – 16 - ERRATUM
Data as reported by 5 February 2020*

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 16.08.00.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 16.11.11.png

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

I would think the truth is likely somewhere in the middle. I have no doubt the CCP is lying , but I also think those 24k numbers came from a "glitch." Now could they be real? I guess but would need more data.

IMG-20200205-WA0007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The information coming out of China is probably well understated. Media and social media in China is edited heavily.

One post that did not mention the virus directly, but that was telling was a comment about a crematorium. Evidently all the furnaces were burning 24 hours per day and that had never happened before. I believe that post was from last week.

If the initial Tencent article was correct on 2/1/20, then you wonder what the numbers are four days later.

First world countries should be able to deal with this until spring when virus's start dying down. Third world countries will have a difficult time dealing with the virus if it gets established. Not sure what the medical community thinks the RO is now, last I read it was probably between 2.5-3.8. That is a potential problem in third world countries.

Don't be surprised if the world sees relief over the summer and a pickup in the fall.

Around 50 million people are now under quarantine. Will they start working next week when the New Year holiday is over. If not, when does that start affecting supply chains. Apx. 300 of the Fortune 500 have facilities in the quarantine zone.

There are a lot of questions still unanswered.

The information coming out of China is probably well understated. Media and social media in China is edited heavily.

One post that did not mention the virus directly, but that was telling was a comment about a crematorium. Evidently all the furnaces were burning 24 hours per day and that had never happened before. I believe that post was from last week.

If the initial Tencent article was correct on 2/1/20, then you wonder what the numbers are four days later.

First world countries should be able to deal with this until spring when virus's start dying down. Third world countries will have a difficult time dealing with the virus if it gets established. Not sure what the medical community thinks the RO is now, last I read it was probably between 2.5-3.8. That is a potential problem in third world countries.

Don't be surprised if the world sees relief over the summer and a pickup in the fall.

Around 50 million people are now under quarantine. Will they start working next week when the New Year holiday is over. If not, when does that start affecting supply chains. Apx. 300 of the Fortune 500 have facilities in the quarantine zone.

There are a lot of questions still unanswered.

Most factories are set to re-open on the 10th. If they dont open that will say a lot. Even if they do open it will take 1-2 weeks to see at what capacity they will operate at. Even in the best of times it takes at least a week after CYN to get ramped back up as many employees just dont come back or come back late.

The link provided here is a DAILY report provided by WHO on the current status of Novel Coronavirus(2019-nCoV)

Situation Report – 16 - ERRATUM
Data as reported by 5 February 2020*

View attachment 328532

View attachment 328533

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

I'm with @Royal27 - I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. The communists are known liars, and WHO is part of the UN, also a bunch of known liars. And then there's Taiwan News, who probably have an ax to grind. All in all, I think they're likely closer to the truth than either of the known liars.

I wonder if this is a bioweapons program escapee, like the antrax incident in Sverdlosk in 1979. And if so, when - if ever, that comes to light.

The local news media here in San Antonio has been pretty busy with information on the protols being used for American evacuees from the Wuhan area being brought to military facilities in this area. Evacuees are enroute to Lackland now, with the aircraft making a stop at Travis AFB before landing here.

For folks who aren't aware, San Antonio, Texas has two official nicknanes. The Alamo City, and Military City USA. While there isn't the same level of military personnel and bases as there were during The Cold War, due to base closures and consolidations, I doubt any other inland USA city has anywhere near the same number active duty military personnel, military service veterans, and retired military personnel including disabled veterans. Military medical care and availability here is significant with the Audie Murphy Veterans Hospital and research center, associated Frank Tejeda veterans clinic and pharmacy, and a world renowned burn treatment and care center at Brooks Army Medical Center.

San Antonio also has a lot of high quality civilian medical care as well, and is home to the University of Texas Medical Health Science Center (which has its own hospital, University Hospital). So there's a lot of good sense bring American evacuees from Wuhan to this area It doesn't personally concern me to be living where the evacuees are being taken for further processing.

For anyone whose image of San Antonio is from American Western genre movies, San Antonio is currently the seventh largest US city by population. I wouldn't be surprised if the US 2020 census moves San Antonio up a notch or two on that list.

Last edited:
I was watching TMZ last night and they happened to interview Dr. Drew. He said something that makes sense - the deaths from this virus, while tragic, are more of a media frenzy. If you want to worry about something, worry about the flu.

As a side note,

Some research is showing that the pangolin may be a carrier of 2019-nCOV.

Wonder how you say Karma in Chinese.

I was watching TMZ last night and they happened to interview Dr. Drew. He said something that makes sense - the deaths from this virus, while tragic, are more of a media frenzy. If you want to worry about something, worry about the flu.

In the U.S. from a purely health standpoint that's a fair statement.

The potential worldwide economic impact from factories shutting down or operating at reduced capacity however; is a totally different issue.

Drew is probably talking about America. He is probably correct. Gottlieb looks to be talking about third world countries and is giving the opposite position.

Scott Gottlieb, MD
@ScottGottliebMD

THREAD: If this is right, and Ro ends up 2-3, this could be potentially devastating in countries where we can’t contain epidemic spread. The range of disease manifestation, from very mild to severe disease - can hamper containment since milds can still spread virus efficiently.
Quote Tweet

aE2OOz5k_normal.jpeg

Helen Branswell
@HelenBranswell
· 3h
#2019nCoV: Very important data released by @WHO's @mvankerkhove just now: Based on data from 17,000 cases, 82% of cases are mild, 15% are severe and 3% are critical. First time I've seen that estimate of mild cases.
10:12 AM · Feb 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I found it amazing that Google was getting lots of hits trying to connect this virus to Corona beer!! The level of stupidity with some folks is astonishing.

I found it amazing that Google was getting lots of hits trying to connect this virus to Corona beer!! The level of stupidity with some folks is astonishing.

You mean like this?

1580067687584-jpg.327986

You can get it from looking at a lunar eclipse all the while drinking a Corona beer and only seeing the corona.
Saw it on the web so it must be true. :E Rofl:

I'm not saying this is true, but it is an interesting post tying the Harvard Professor to the virus???

#SOULWAR

Retweeted

#SOULWAR
@CatesDuane

3h

Replying to
@tracybeanz
It may have mutated in a walking "Biological Lab" i.e. a Human Being.
1. Dr. Charles Lieber helped the Chinese set up a Lvl IV Bio Lab in Wuhan City from 2012-2017
2. It went Operational in Jan of 2018
3. Dr. Lieber was ARRESTED 4 days after the CDC got Samples of #Coronavirus

Attachments

• EQMDwaQX0AAkd-3.jpg
    EQMDwaQX0AAkd-3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 501
  • EQMDwaPWkAYQVz8.jpg
    EQMDwaPWkAYQVz8.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
I find it amazing that they are still calling it the corona virus. I heard Corona was suing to get it changed to the Bud Lite virus!!!
Does anyone have a update on this

Funny thing is they offered $15 million to help rename it!

Corona virus, piss water virus, whatever. That has to be some of the worst beer on the planet. If it weren't for the yuppies and Madison Avenue, it'd be relegated to it's origin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg