COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

Current closures are even more political than they were in the past. Europe is upset that the US is open now to the UK but not to the rest of Europe, so they are shutting down access to Europe by the US.

There are still people (see Ms Ardern in NZ for example) who continue to believe in, and argue for, “Zero COVID.” I think most of the rest of the world is wrapping its mind around COVID will be with us for the foreseeable future, so how best to live with it.

Just heard on the news here today (New York) that continuing uncertainty is negatively impacting travel and the upward trajectory of only a few months ago is now waning.

Its pretty plain that the economy of the whole world will never recover unless and until they drop all this lockdown BS and just get on with it, WuFlu or no WuFlu.

Its pretty plain that the economy of the whole world will never recover unless and until they drop all this lockdown BS and just get on with it, WuFlu or no WuFlu.
I am shocked, shocked I say, to see it called the WuFlu.

I prefer the Sino Virus. It’s clearer all around.

Remember that uber twerp reporterette at a presser one day, got after Trump for calling it the China Virus. "why do you keep calling it that, its so racist!".
Trump said well because it comes from CHINA!

I am hoping the Bidumb opens the border with Canada soon. Would like to drive down a few personal touches for the house in AZ. We can always fly but our old dog does not enjoy her time under the seat.

Remember that uber twerp reporterette at a presser one day, got after Trump for calling it the China Virus. "why do you keep calling it that, its so racist!".
I do recall.

Makes me think of the German measles. Or the Spanish flu.

I do recall.

Makes me think of the German measles. Or the Spanish flu.
dont forget the Hong Kong Flu! I had that one in '69 in Alaska, sick as a dog...

What I call it...or the chinese fkup

I am shocked, shocked I say, to see it called the WuFlu.

I prefer the Sino Virus. It’s clearer all around.

I like Kung Flu as a particularly funny but probably shockingly inappropriate term.

I know its been shown here before, but remember this.
The current app. total of US deaths from Covid since it began which is at least 18 months ago, perhaps more is 637000 and some odd.
OK, YEARLY deaths from heart disease is the biggest killer in the US is, 655,000. Cancer deaths in the US YEARLY is at least 600,000 as well.
So if we divide the 637000 by 18 months we get a yearly total of about 425000 Covid deaths, well under both cancer and heart disease.
I think the reaction to Covid was somewhat over the top. We overreacted because its new. Its like the seasonal flu, many thousands die every year from it here in the US, estimates vary, but its lots.
Everyone goes huh, what? Flu? (sniffle, cough, spit) Flu shot? Huh? Who me? I never get the flu shot. I had the "flu" 3 times last year, but I'm fine. Sure ya did...
Same with the big killers. We all go on our merry way, not thinking about the things we have been doing or not doing that lead to cancer and heart disease, the real killers, and the ones that will get most of us, remember, we are all going to die of something.

The Spanish Flu killed as many as 50 million people in the world, some estimates are double that.
What does all this mean? I dont know, but few others do either. We have been spoon fed a huge load of, as Joe might say, Malarky from day one on this, as if it were the worst thing we have ever encountered and its NOT.
The fear mongering, badgering and outright lies about the treatments, shots etc. had been just plain disgusting.
Every day more news OMG!! Get the jab or we're all gonna die and its YOUR FAULT for not getting the jab!!!!!!! You worthless cur!! Selfish turds! Do it for the team, do it for grandma and on and on it goes...

And everyday now we hear how the jab isnt doing whats its supposed to do after all! Must now line for the booster, and then the next booster etc.

For you have already taken the jab, good on ya, I hope it works for you and I dont wish Covid or any other disease on anyone, well almost anyone, but no one here anyway.
I am still on the fence, hoping that maybe they can come up with a better jab, ( one that actually works as advertised ), and other treatments. Not in any hurry to get it as it stands right now.

Your MMV, and dont feel compelled to flame me, just putting some facts down here.

Cripes. There are literally thousands of pathogens named for the places they were first discovered.

Marburg virus
Spanish flu
German measles
Ebola (it's a rive in western Africa, unless my memory is fading)
St Louis encephalitis
Ross River virus.
WNV

And I'm only getting warmed up.

dont forget the Hong Kong Flu! I had that one in '69 in Alaska, sick as a dog...
I had that or its cousin! Like most, I've had the flu a few times in my life and yes, that variety IIRC, was really a bad one. Maybe the sickest I've ever been... and I was young and healthy as a horse at the time.

Then there's hantavirus. Handavirus is a form of Seoul Flu. Hantavirus is named after the Hantan River in South Korea. Hantavirus is a particularly nasty one that attacks the lungs- literally perforating them and causing death by a pneumonia-like symptom in a couple of days if the treatment is wrong. But alas, Trump was not president nor running for president when the hantavirus was wreaking havoc on certain populations in the SW US. The only reason hantavirus didn't kill millions during its most recent outbreak in the early-mid 90s is that it is not easily spread person to person via respiratory aerosol exposure like covid.

Last edited:
I had that or its cousin! Like most, I've had the flu a few times in my life and yes, that variety IIRC, was really a bad one. Maybe the sickest I've ever been... and I was young and healthy as a horse at the time.

Then there's hantavirus. Handavirus is a form of Seoul Flu. Hantavirus is named after the Hantan River in South Korea. Hantavirus is a particularly nasty one that attacks the lungs- literally perforating them and causing death by a pneumonia-like symptom in a couple of days if the treatment is wrong. But alas, Trump was not president nor running for president when the hantavirus was wreaking havoc on certain populations in the SW US. The only reason hantavirus didn't kill millions during its most recent outbreak in the early-mid 90s is that it is not easily spread person to person via respiratory aerosol exposure like covid.
Familiar with it. You get it by inhaling dust from dried mouse poop of the white footed deer mouse, IIRC.

there is no treatment for Hanta. You either survive it or you don't. Odds are much higher for the latter.

We actually had a local case of it in east Texas a number of years ago, near Nacogdoches, as I recall. And the only thing that keeps Nac from being Louisiana is the Sabine River. Patient hadn't traveled to the desert SW, no known friends or relatives, had, either.

Shanghai Shivers or Rice Rabies were my two favorites..... Now that is funny, I don't care who you are!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg