COVID-19 Coronavirus UPDATES, BANS, CLOSURES, ADVISORY, etc.

In mozambique, the president opened the international Flys for business purposes and tourism purposes. But we still in emergency state.

Last edited by a moderator:
The asteroid can be defeated. Watching the movie Armageddon, proved it.
Just have to land a space shuttle on the incoming asteroid, drill a hole 800 feet deep, and drop a Nuclear warhead into it.

Easy peasy!

Oh yeah forgot about that one :D

Our Governor just shut down all, bars, Gyms, movie theaters, water parks, and tubing down the river, for 30 days. All school starts have been pushed back to August 17th.

image(8).jpg

Yeah, but (somehow there is always a but).... Yes, increased testing will obviously result in more positive outcomes. Great fodder for headlines. But, there is more to it than that. In this case I'm referring to the percent positive or the number of positives cases (the numerator) divided by the number of tests performed (the denominator). If the percentage positive rate is constant the number of cases increases proportionally with the number of tests. The problem is that currently (7/2/20; 12:49 pm EST) 23 states are increasing in their percent positive tests. The only way that is possible is for the numerator to increase more rapidly than the denominator (if you have ever tried to improve your grade at the end of a grading period, you have some sense of how that works). Or in other words, the spread of the virus is increasing faster than the increase in the number of tests. No bueno. There is still more to the equation, like the percent of positive tests that result in hospitalization (I don't know where to find that number), the mean/median age of positive tests (which I understand is going down, at least in some areas), and of course the mortality rate as a function of several variables. The number of deaths/day has been decreasing since about April 20th. But (again a but) it will take a few weeks to see if there is a change in the number of deaths/day with the increase in percent positive cases. Keep your fingers crossed that the trend continues!

Additionally, what is also impossible to find (at least for me) is the percent of positive cases that recover (don't die) that show long term effects, perhaps permanent effects; lung damage, liver damage, kidney damage, loss of smell or taste or both.....

Another interesting data point is that that the number of positive cases has been essentially constant in Minnesota for the past two weeks. The reason I mention Minnesota is that is where the demonstrations started and, much to my surprise, do not seem to be having much of an effect on the rate of infection, at least not yet. Go figure.

I would assume that it is apparent that I am not in favor of trivializing the virus. Yes, life goes on. The freakin' virus is with us, like it or not - and we have to adapt to it. What the data from Minnesota would suggest is that wearing a mask helps. I included that piece of data as expert advice doesn't seem to carry as much weight as it used to. So, wear one! It's not a freakin' big deal!

These younger people need to keep on partying and spreading the virus. I'm will to sacrifice a few of them to get this over with. The one problem is a bunch live off their grandparents. My sister in law works for the school district and she says at the enrollment there the kid the mom on meth with a bunch of tatoes and poor old grandma who pays for all.

Apparently, despite the lockdown in California, Gov. Newsom's winery remained open for tours and tastings. Why is the media not attacking him for such obvious hypocrisy?

I just finished a book by Deon Meyer called "Fever" or "Koors" in Afrikaans. Very topical and a very interesting premise. Set in South Africa. A good read for those of us stay at homes. Gaia One and Project Balance, didn't see any of that coming. Makes one wonder.

Nothing like wearing a mask when it's 105 degrees out. I can only imagine those of you in states that are exceedingly humid. My damn glasses keep fogging up

The same reason that the media lapdogs will never call out a Democrat for hypocrisy.

If it wasn't for double standards, they would have no standards at all.
Apparently, despite the lockdown in California, Gov. Newsom's winery remained open for tours and tastings. Why is the media not attacking him for such obvious hypocrisy?

Can someone please explain to me how, according to the media, the weeks of protests did not spread COVID but literally every gathering of 1o or more people does?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross