Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
P&y, nwtf
Just got a pair of Courtney selous boots from @African Sporting Creations. Great guy to deal with and is very patient and knowledgeable (I ask a lot of questions). He had the answers and knows his products. He got me in the perfect set of boots and they fit better then my meindls which I tried on over thirty pairs of boots before buying the denalis. If you need a pair of Courtney's in the US give them a call. I can not recommend them enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, enjoy!

Major investment! Enjoy them.

Finest stalking boot in the world.

Sidebar: I used to have a bad back but noticed after my first safari that my back didn't hurt once in 20 days. I realized Courtney are the most comfortable shoes and boots I've ever owned. I rotate 4 pair that I wear about 80% of the time. Highly recommended for bad back sufferers as they seem to give more support.

Bought a pair of Safaris a while back. Most expensive shoes/boots I've ever owned, but...after adding my usual insoles, they were comfortable rite out of the shoot. I wear them most days now. Donated three other shoes I normally wore.
Con: the soles are heavy! Definitely not a light weight shoe.
Pro: nothing is going through those soles!

Bought a pair of Safaris a while back. Most expensive shoes/boots I've ever owned, but...after adding my usual insoles, they were comfortable rite out of the shoot. I wear them most days now. Donated three other shoes I normally wore.
Con: the soles are heavy! Definitely not a light weight shoe.
Pro: nothing is going through those soles!
I have always liked meindl boots. However these boots are just different and in a good way. I love the sturdy sole and they are somehow very quite. Great boots

Congrats, you can't go wrong with Courtney's in my opinion, I wear both the boots and shoes and will be looking for one more pair to wear in the office shortly!

my wife has a pair and i have 3 pair,great boots.

Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience. The best part of this "job" are the customers like yourself. Two years ago my usual helper at DSC cancelled at the 11th hour. First two customers asked where he was and without even making a request they put down their bags and helped out until lunch. After that they put the word out to other ASC customers they knew and people showed up that way for 4 days. Gave up their vacation time to help out....simply an amazing group and would not trade our customers for any other.

Jim

Another happy Courtney customer here. I bought a pair of Courtney Selous in Bulawayo three years ago. Once broken in, most comfortable boots I've ever worn. Low fatigue, very quiet- excellent for long treks. Made a very long eland track possible in the Kalahari sand. Doubt I could have managed even with my other best footwear.

Headed to the Kalahari in July. Been looking at some Courteney boots. I hear great things but I keep looking at the price tag. Kinda silly that i do when I pull the trigger on 40 .375 rounds at a time. Ha

I hear ya! Had never seriously considered them exactly because of the price tag. Just happened to have a day in Bulawayo and stopped by one of the Courtney outlets there. About half the US or Europe cost I think. What's weird is I have a high arch and narrow foot which theoretically shouldn't go well with the Courtney design. Have always had a heckuva time finding descent footwear. However, that proved to not be the case with the Courtneys- once broken in. I don't wear them every day but spent three days on the floor at a gunshow a week ago and yep… wore the Courtneys. And, that Kalahari sand in Botswana is a different critter... very different! Requires a different type of walking mechanics. The Bushmen seem to have little trouble though :):)

Forgot to mention- while I bought my boots in Bulawayo, I have dealt with African Sporting Creations for other items and have been treated very well!

So Sealous. Anyone have another opinion on the Impi or the others? Or are they just a leather variation with the same model?

courtneys,way to go.

Just ordered a pair. Can't wait to wear them.

To the gentleman who asked about the Impi. The founder of Courteney developed that boot before he passed and it is very well designed. He never introduced it but Gale did a few years ago. It has a bit more facing or supporting leather panels than the Safari and as an ankle height boot it is slightly lower and offers less ankle support than the Selous which is an over-the-ankle boot.

We added the Selous in narrow sizes last quarter and are adding an all-brown Selous with the smooth ripple sole this quarter which will be a very quiet and light stalking boot. We have one other introduction planned before our catalog drops in early fall. We inventory several hundred pairs of their fine product in Ohio and many of them are in hides or configurations you will not see anywhere else.

Jim

I have a pair from Rigby, really soft and quiet. Size should be right but unless I wear thick and thins and insoles I'm swimming in them and I don't have weird feet. Truly love them though, couple issues - too loose around the foot when on undulating or hilly terrain. When in damp or wet grass with dew, they soak in seconds. A tighter fit and more waterproof leather would go a long way...question, does obenauf hdlp work on these or do they rot the stitching?

Sounds like you may want to consider a narrow cut next time. Courteney only reccomendation you use their conditioner.

Jim

Another very happy customer!
Jim went above and beyond to get me fitted into my first pair. Sent me pairs to try and inserts. Jim made sure I had a pair that fit properly. What more could you ask for in a company. Will definitely buy some more products from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg