Courtney Safari Boots

I am a guy who wore Russels for 25 years (both custom and off the shelf) and ran away from them as soon as I bought my first pair or Courteneys (Selous). Some of you Russel fans missed a real deal at the local Goodwill about ten years ago. :cool: I now own I think five or six different pair to include Courteney's new paddock boot for around the ranch. Unlike Russells which can take months and lots of miles to break-in (at least for me), Courteney's fit perfectly from day one. I have never had a blister.

Courteney is not a mountain boot. For those conditions I wear Kenetrek.

I’m in the same camp. I liked my Russell’s but just couldn’t keep the soles glued on. One pair went back to Russell three times and one of the soles came completely off on safari. I have multiple pairs of Courteney’s. The are comfortable, quiet and bombproof.

Years ago at sci I thought I would see what the Russell were like as someone I know raved about them....got measured by them for custom made....waited they arrived...couldn't even get them on so tight....so much for being measured....had to get leather stretcher liquid and ...fisted ;) :E Big Grin: them quite a few times ...and put on with the leather stretch on them.....eventually got then to fit with thin socks...but the lacing up and then unlacing to take them off...fk me....could put my Courteneys on and off about 3 or more times in same period.....my selous come with inserts...but never needed....and never needed to wear them in....done just bout everything in them....now need new pair....but can't get new ele ones even sent here from zim due to fkn cites etc....so :E Shrug:

@Bwaybuilder What is the width of these boots? Medium I guess? Does Courtney only make one width for everybody? Am interested if they're still for sale........thanks....FWB

@Bwaybuilder What is the width of these boots? Medium I guess? Does Courtney only make one width for everybody? Am interested if they're still for sale........thanks....FWB
These are medium. They also make wide sizes. They are still available. Thanks.....Richard

Evidently one man’s shoe is another man’s torture device.

I bought a pair of Courteney shoes about 15 or 20 years ago.
They are the most comfortable and light weight hunting shoe I had tried.
I wear them without the factory provided inserts (I guess I have cave man feet) and I generally wear US Military surplus socks in them.

Also, I never use them for extended pavement walking, because I don’t want to wear out the lug soles sooner than necessary.
I have put enough miles on them, during “off road” walks that, even though I have kept them treated with Hubbard’s Shoe Oil, the uppers are beginning to crack and split.
The excellent lug soles are only partially worn down.
Nonetheless, I feel that I have gotten my money’s worth.

That having been said, there is a company in Namibia (Shilongo Leather) making a very similar shoe of Kudu leather now.
They sell for approximately $95. US Dollars.
Last year in Windhoek I bought a pair of their ankle high ones, with lug soles and a pair of their low top walking shoe, with smooth soles (about $80. US Dollars).

Haven’t worn the high tops much yet at all.
But indeed I have put many miles on the low toppers so far and now I wish I had bought an extra pair of these low top “sidewalk shoes”.
Super comfortable and light as a feather.

Anyway, as high priced as the Courteney’s are, (and they are high priced) nonetheless, I think they are one of the best hot weather hunting shoe / boot available in the world today.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.54.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.54.30 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.54.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.54.32 AM.png
    475.3 KB · Views: 51
I got my Courteney boots, Selous, many years ago. They are still in perfect condition, would never buy other hunting boots than Courteney. I owned a wine estate in the Cape, the South African agent for Courteney wanted our red wines - I wanted the Selous boots, so we had made a deal. Wine for Courteney…

Maybe I missed it in reading the first post but what is the width of these boots? AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, E or what. That is as important as the length.

Maybe I missed it in reading the first post but what is the width of these boots? AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, E or what. That is as important as the length.
Already sold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross