Courteney Selous Classic boots

When ever I meet someone else in Courteney boots there is always a momentary unspoken connection, a subtle glint in the eyes or nod of the head, a kindred spirit perhaps, in on the secret that few are privy to.

Like Jeep drivers who wave at each other?

My Vellies are standard with the ripple sole. Don't get me wrong the Vellies are ok. They are just a little heavier than I expected. I had hoped they would be closer in weight with a tennis shoe than the Selous (7oz difference with the Selous and 11oz with my tennis shoe). May not be much but I noticed it. The sole seemed stiff and hard more in the beginning but they also are breaking in.

What I've noticed is I can wear the Selous all day without foot fatigue but not the Vellie. I still want to get a pair of Canvas Safari boots.

I also got a pair I ordered custom from AHC and as others have stated their customer service was outstanding !

But now on to the actual boots. These things are HEAVY. They weight almost twice as much as my other standard hiking boots. I'm pretty sure the soles are the culprit to the weight issue. In fact they weigh so much I'm leaving them home for my Zim trip in 4 weeks. If I was going anywhere near Bulawayo while over, I'd have stopped by the factory to see if they had any sole that was lighter. I got the cleat sole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg