Courteney Safari boots

ESC,

This is Jim from African Sporting Creations and we are the Courteney Distributor in the USA. I "train" my tongues to be double thick under the eyelet holes and that works for me. We also wear them with thick merino wool socks (the Rohner trekking ones we sell) regardless of the time of year as I find the cushion they offer makes them more comfortable. Having said all that, we have customers who wear them in bare feet so to each their own.

Jim

Very comfortable, no break in as far as I can tell. They are quiet stalking boots. Although some might argue that I am stretching the truth, i have noticed the following:
1. They make 60” Kudu materialize out of the Bush.
2. Over a 50% improvement in your groups off of sticks.
3. 150 FPS increase in big bore velocity.
4. Wearing them makes you irresistible to the fairer sex.

Just what I’ve noticed, I’m sure there is other benifits. Lol
I love mine though.

Cheers,
Cody
You forgot "walk on water". I am a sucker for them and eBayed myself silly with enough pairs for several reincarnations. Those and my Russell mocks. Don't leave home without them. Animals can sense good taste in shoes and seek out the hunter that wears them (plains game I mean.... as for lions and leopards... they sense just good taste).

Good morning (afternoon, evening) to you all!

I was perusing the "Free Classifieds" section and came across an add for some used Courteney Safari boots which were going for around $250.00. I was impressed that a pair of used boots could command such a high price so I went over to the Courteney website where I saw entries ranging from around $300 to over $700. Now, please understand that I am in NO WAY disparaging these boots or the prices, I'm just seeking to understand what makes them worth such large sums? Do they last a very long time? Are they super comfortable without needing a high priced insert? Is it just sort of the "Nike" of the hunting world? Again, please understand that this is not me taking a dig at the boots in the slightest, I'm just in love with all things "Safari" since my last trip and I'm trying to see what the hype is about.

Thank you in advance for your replies, hope you are all having a great one!

I love my pair! You should talk to Jim at African Sporting Creations. He sells many different types of Courteney boots and can really help you with any questions you may have regarding them.

I own two pairs, the selous and the patrol. Both are excellent. I did quite a bit of western NA hunting in the selous. They are great in the mountains and rocks, down to about 25 degrees. They are the same price as any quality mountain boots, but quieter. The flat sole and simple design make them very quiet.
+1 for Jim at Africa sporting creations. They are Very helpful!

+1 Jim at ASC is truly great to deal with.

There is no boot like Courtneys, just the best. I would like to make a comment, my feet have fallen arches which has caused "hammer toes". I buy my Courtneys one size larger and use a good $20.00 liner, nothing fancy just a good liner. If you buy the Courtney Selous they come with a liner, but I like the aftermarket better.

A little information for you, during our lockdown the Courtney factory in Bulawayo was broken into and a large # of completed boots were stolen. They have recently came out with a Canvas boot and had over two hundred and fifty pairs of those stolen. Courtneys is also selling a pair of socks that are incredibly comfortable, mohair I believe. I will be buying a pair of their new canvas ones when they re open next week (we hope). Oh, and my wife gave me a pair of their crocodile skin boots for Christmas last year.

Here in Zim. you might say we love our Courtneys, one of Zimbabwe success stories, incidentally I have noticed that "African Sporting Creations" prices are very close and possibly cheaper than what the retail price is for Courtneys in Zim. Buy your boots from them, get them broke in and then come here and hunt!

We currently have 500 pairs of Courteney Boots on hand. We always carry a little extra cushion to compensate for "doing business in Zim" In this case, the Zim cushion is being used to offset the country lock-down due to Covid 19. We have 300 pairs that have been ready to ship for over month that are in limbo. Rest assured, we have really good inventory on all wide models (except Ostrich) but regular width inventory a bit spotty. I spoke to Gale, the owner of the Courteney Boot Company today and her spirit cannot be crushed.... she is a force of nature! Placing another order with her this week so she has pairs to make when the lock-down is lifted, hopefully at the end of the month.

Thank you for your kind words and we are honored to support such a fine organization.

Jim

I used to wear pull on Australian made boots, but the tightness across the ridge of the foot caused endless pain. Bought a pair of Courteney safaris and the foot problems disappeared overnight. I wear them everywhere even in the board room. Ive done the big five in mine, not shot all of them you understand, just trodden in each of their dung!
They do a very fine ladies boot too, ostrich grain, far more exclusive than Gucci or what have you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross