Courteney Safari boots

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Good morning (afternoon, evening) to you all!

I was perusing the "Free Classifieds" section and came across an add for some used Courteney Safari boots which were going for around $250.00. I was impressed that a pair of used boots could command such a high price so I went over to the Courteney website where I saw entries ranging from around $300 to over $700. Now, please understand that I am in NO WAY disparaging these boots or the prices, I'm just seeking to understand what makes them worth such large sums? Do they last a very long time? Are they super comfortable without needing a high priced insert? Is it just sort of the "Nike" of the hunting world? Again, please understand that this is not me taking a dig at the boots in the slightest, I'm just in love with all things "Safari" since my last trip and I'm trying to see what the hype is about.

Thank you in advance for your replies, hope you are all having a great one!

Very comfortable, no break in as far as I can tell. They are quiet stalking boots. Although some might argue that I am stretching the truth, i have noticed the following:
1. They make 60” Kudu materialize out of the Bush.
2. Over a 50% improvement in your groups off of sticks.
3. 150 FPS increase in big bore velocity.
4. Wearing them makes you irresistible to the fairer sex.

Just what I’ve noticed, I’m sure there is other benifits. Lol
I love mine though.

Cheers,
Cody

Very comfortable, no break in as far as I can tell. They are quiet stalking boots. Although some might argue that I am stretching the truth, i have noticed the following:
1. They make 60” Kudu materialize out of the Bush.
2. Over a 50% improvement in your groups off of sticks.
3. 150 FPS increase in big bore velocity.
4. Wearing them makes you irresistible to the fairer sex.

Just what I’ve noticed, I’m sure there is other benifits. Lol
I love mine though.

Cheers,
Cody

Well dang, follow up question, how have they not sold out??? :LOL:

Seriously though, thanks for the reply!

4 pair in this house.

They are oddly basic, leather and a sturdy sole, but they do exactly what they should. I have had mine now for about 4 years and they still look new (leather is darker and slight wear on the heel). I have used them in northern Quebec, south Africa, winter walks with the dog and in the garden.

I love them.

Best safari boots you can get in my opinion I have always worn them they are comfortable and are quieter than most other, if you look after them they last a very long time. Water proof if you use the Courtney boot polish. The treads last for ever. Courtney only make about a certain number of boots a day so they are not mass produced and every pair is stamped with a serial number.

Like all quality products you get what you pay for. Yes they are expensive but worth every penny on my book !!

Just be aware that the safari model is best for people whose toes don't "turn up". If you are one of those, you will find them uncomfortable, but there are other Courtney models which will fit better.

Just be aware that the safari model is best for people whose toes don't "turn up". If you are one of those, you will find them uncomfortable, but there are other Courtney models which will fit better.

Ah, you saw where this was going :D . Unfortunately there isn't a distributor in this neck of the woods and I have trouble (due to prior horrible experiences) buying things like shoes online without getting all the measurements down pat.

The fellow at @African Sporting Creations is incredibly easy to work with. We were able to try on several styles and sizes before choosing.

I use Montana pitch blend to clean and condition them.

This is Jim from African Sporting Creations and we are the master distributor for Courteney in the USA. We stock 20 different styles. They are a hand-made boot and PH's over in Africa call them the 10,000 mile boot as those that wear pedometers say that is about when they give up the ghost. They use real rubber soles that they mold themselves (versus blown rubber) and that is one of the keys to their durability. The other is the thickness of the gameskin leather (buff, kudu, croc, hippo, ostrich) and how they double it up in key wear areas. If you are a small size we can usually fit you first time....if you unsure of size tell us what you typically wear (many say for example I take an 11 or and 11.5 depending on the shoe) and buy one pair,we send two and you simply send the other one back on the honor system.

The BBC just did an TV feature on them so a bit light on inventory at the moment but 200 more on the way from Zim as we speak and as long as Delta makes space for them, we should have them by end of the month.

Go to www.africansc.com if you want to take a look and send a note to info@africansc.com with size and styles of interest and will get back to you regarding availability.

Jim

Thank you all for the info and thank you A.S.C for the site! A quick clarification, for those that own them do you need to have an after market insole, or is what they come with comfortable enough?

Thank you again!

For me they are perfect I know of only one other person who had to use them with aftermarket insoles but I think generally most of the PH’s and Pro guides I know are happy with them just the way they are !!

Thank you all for the info and thank you A.S.C for the site! A quick clarification, for those that own them do you need to have an after market insole, or is what they come with comfortable enough?

Thank you again!
I use superfeet

That depends on your foot...if you are more flat footed then they are fine as is. I have a high arch so use SOLE full length insoles in mine.

Very comfortable and durable, no doubt.
Have head mine for quite some years and no issues.
Flatfoot works, otherwise insole, depending on the model. When you order make sure you get the sole you’ll prefer. The tractor tire model catches stones and they may klick on rocky ground.
The model I have offers little to no support for the angles should you require to walk in rocky and hilly, uneven terrain, so I use other boots for that kind of terrain.
I know different models offer different things like the three versions of sole and higher boots/laces etc.
Contact the dealer and ask specific questions and I’m sure they can provide for you what you want. Just like researching for a hunt. For the money you spend on a pair of Courtney, you should get something that you could wear for years and be happy with.
So many users and customers cannot be wrong...

//Gus

That depends on your foot...if you are more flat footed then they are fine as is. I have a high arch so use SOLE full length insoles in mine.

I will say, Jim helped me find a pair that finally fit me. I had to send several back, but he helped me find a size and insole that made them as comfortable as a tennis shoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg