Courteney Boots, Selous

Just wanted to give a shout out again to Jim at African Sporting Creations! After he got me fitted for a pair of Courteney Safaris I decided I wanted a pair of Selous. He sent me a pair to try and they didn’t fit quite right. So he sent a second pair and I returned the first. Second fit great. All this with no charges until I decided which I wanted and them said “just mail me a check for them”

Thanks Jim for all the help!

I have three pair - one of which went through the Zambezi Delta (unexpectedly!). They are the finest African hunting boot (and Southwest US dove shooting boot) ever created. I should add that I first went to Africa in Russel PH's.

Anyone have Jim’s contact info at African Sporting Creations? I’ve been using Russell’s but would like to try the Courteneys.

Anyone have Jim’s contact info at African Sporting Creations? I’ve been using Russell’s but would like to try the Courteneys.
upload_2019-3-28_19-27-58.png

I love them, others don’t. Perhaps it’s one of options and fit. If you’re 5’10” and 165lbs you have limitless shoe choices and you probably don’t think much about good footwear much.

If you’re 300lbs, nearly 7’, and you wear a 15.5 shoe you care a lot.

I’ve never worn a finer pair of boots. I have two pair and that’s what goes on safari or any dry weather hunt.

Another feature: they don’t smell. If you wear them all day, they smell like clean fresh leather. There is nothing in them to foster microbes and stink like the synthetic fabric junk we buy in the west. I’m sure I have 200 hunting miles on my one pair and they are now perfectly broken in like a great baseball glove. One pair is so broken in I will only wear them hunting so they stay perfectly broken in, 50% used up, forever. The other pair is 30% used up and will be dedicated to hunting only when they hit 50%, forcing me to buy another pair.

I also have two pairs of their casual shoes in hippo and elephant. I wear them with jeans all the time for great all day comfort.

Longwinded way to say I think very highly of them.
@rookhawk thank you for this post. Foot comfort is paramount as I get older, and the eh, they're ok is not cutting it for me any longer. Happy feet make hunting more enjoyable . I appreciate your comments and thoughts on the courteney boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,