Courteney boots are about done

If this is typical cobbler work, might call David page in Seattle. Those dudes worked magic on some Danners. Very knowledgeable people.

this is Jim from African Sporting Creations. We are the US distributor for Courtney boots. If you just want to order some polish, send us a note at info@africansc.com

I am convinced that the best care for Courteneys is a daily polishing with clear hard wax like Nugget or Kiwi. do not soak them with dubbin or creams that just seep in and make them gooey and sticky.

I have a pair of elephant hide Courteney boots. I just got back from an elephant hunt and used them every day. Effectively,they are only 7 days old. I didn`t bring back the jar of cream they give you with the boots and I`m not sure how to care for them.Any advice would be appreciated.View attachment 542843

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 8.28.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 8.28.30 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 8.28.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 8.28.31 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 24
I have a pair of elephant hide Courteney boots. I just got back from an elephant hunt and used them every day. Effectively,they are only 7 days old. I didn`t bring back the jar of cream they give you with the boots and I`m not sure how to care for them.Any advice would be appreciated.View attachment 542843
I use skidmores cream on mine. One pair is 7 years old and still in good shape. Darkens them up a little bit but not too bad

I am convinced that the best care for Courteneys is a daily polishing with clear hard wax like Nugget or Kiwi. do not soak them with dubbin or creams that just seep in and make them gooey and sticky.
Courteney doesn`t recommends to do that,but it sounds emminently sensible to me.

I use skidmores cream on mine. One pair is 7 years old and still in good shape. Darkens them up a little bit but not too bad
Are yours elephant hide? I ask because I`m not sure if the care is across the board for all of Courteneys animal hide boots.

I have a pair of elephant Courtneys i picked up in Bulawayo about 7 years ago. I wear them frequently and polish them with the courteney polish about every other month or when they start to look dull. The main thing is to keep the stitching from getting dry and brittle. When my polish runs out I usually pick up another at DSC at the Africa sporting Booth. I think I have used other polish a few times with no noticeable difference. They will outlast my journeys.....

I have a pair of elephant Courtneys i picked up in Bulawayo about 7 years ago. I wear them frequently and polish them with the courteney polish about every other month or when they start to look dull. The main thing is to keep the stitching from getting dry and brittle. When my polish runs out I usually pick up another at DSC at the Africa sporting Booth. I think I have used other polish a few times with no noticeable difference. They will outlast my journeys.....
Do you polish them all over or just the leather parts that don`t have the lace holes?

Do you polish them all over or just the leather parts that don`t have the lace holes?
All over so I don't miss any stitching. Even the welting on the top on the soles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusM4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you