Couple of ZG 47s

Milan

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Alberta, RSA
Couple of near future projects. I bought these as gunked up relics (after missing out on a mint one). Cleaned one up and decided I now hate cleaning (seems it's all I do with old guns), so had the one that was corroded and pitted sandblasted and cerakoted. Just put it all back together (had to clean all the small pins and springs anyhow but...way easier this way overall). Looks way better in person and the marks you see are my oily fingerprints. Now I gotta decide what to do with them. Was gonna re-sell after re-finishing the stocks but now feel at least one could become a project (because I have way too many projects on the go so what is one more? :rolleyes:). What do you think? Keep as 30-06, re-barrel to 9.3x62 (I have one more barrel left) or something else? Sell? Keep?

IMG_3623.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If keep both, make one a 35 Whelen.

If keep both, make one a 35 Whelen.
not a bad idea but if i keep them it will be one of calibers i already have. trying to keep my addiction reasonable. 7x64 barrel from zastava or .308 from a remington may be in the running. but the zastava is complete and working so probably will leave as is. .35 cal i dont have, no reamer either and then ammo or brass, bullets and dies....to much at this point.

9.3x62 for one.

Send the other to me for safe keeping:Angelic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg