Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
Nice coasters from @Jody, my sable I decided to finally have mounted from a few years back, and a really cool piece of art by Banovich

20210604_160722.jpg
20210604_163015.jpg
20210629_150341.jpg
20210403_141147.jpg
20210403_141114.jpg

Very nice! Looks great Charles!

Charles, you are driving me nuts !!! o_O PLEASE for the love of the taxidermy gods, hang your mounts with eyes level to the floor. (just a pet peeve from an old taxidermist) ;).

Glad to see the wall filling up.

Dammmnnnn some nice mounts! I love the coasters, where did they come from?

What do you mean by “... eyes level to the floor”? I don’t understand. I have never heard that.
Charles, you are driving me nuts !!! o_O PLEASE for the love of the taxidermy gods, hang your mounts with eyes level to the floor. (just a pet peeve from an old taxidermist) ;).

Glad to see the wall filling up.

What do you mean by “... eyes level to the floor”? I don’t understand. I have never heard that

Most taxidermy mannequins (except for a few of the specialty ones) are design and sculptured around the both eyes being level to the floor. When mounting, most (good) taxis are going to set eye attitude, ears etc based on the eyes being level to the floor. These forms are all hand sculpted and there can be uneven features in them often around the shoulder brisket area. A lot of folks want to hang the mounts to make the brisket area look level but that is often in contradiction to the eyes being level thus throwing off the "look" of the mount. Without getting too technical, animals also want to keep their eyes level as a normal pose and even their PUPILS stay level to the ground no matter the tilt of their heads but that's a whole other topic. Just think of us humans, we generally keep our eyes level to the ground when in an upright position. Again just a taxidermist pet peeve :)

Keep adding Charles and that new addition to the house will be a necessity instead of a dream.

More like new bigger house versus addition buddy :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks for the explanation buck wild. I learned something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg