Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, USA: NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, TX, AZ, MT, WY, AK
Will be hunting in the UK in early October and if all goes as planned will be shooting a red stag, muntjac (maybe two) and a roe buck. I have been told it may be better pricing/quality to have the taxidermy done in the US for the Muntjac. I am just planning a Euro of stag and roe.

Any way to get an educated guess on price to ship trophies from England to US? Any suggestions on taxidermist of choice for the Muntjac shoulder mount? Google hasn't netted me much in looking for a taxidermist near London but the outfitter said they have one they use.

Thanks
Dale

Have you contacted SSI? I bet they will have an idea on the shipping costs

Last edited by a moderator:
No but I will!

may i suggest Dennis Harris he is a sponsor and does work for several people on here including me. will do good work for you. Not the cheapest in the world but he is really good. cheap sometimes gets you just regrets and poor quality.

I checked his site and $600 isn't a deal breaker for me. Real unknown is shipping. That small deer may become a real expense between shipping and mounting. Trying to budget accordingly

Also check with Coppersmith I have used them for African shipments, always gave me a fair deal and great to work with.

I also used Coppersmith for two shipments from Africa. One was life-size lioness cape and skull dip and pack that went to Dennis Harris and the second was a crate full of completed taxidermy that was completed by Bullseye. Both shipments were completed with great service at a fair price and without problems.

SSI is the best. I would definitely suggest you contact them.

I would contact - Martin Aries <martin@rainbowfreight.com>

Martin Aries
General Manager

Rainbow Freight Services Ltd
Unit X, Mill Mead,
Staines,
Middlesex TW18 4UQ
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1784 455356
Fax: +44 (0) 1784 455350

As for the taxidermy, what is the driving factor behind having the work done in the US? I would be hesitant on this as I cant imagine US taxidermist have much experience, if any of doing work on Muntjac. Lots of good taxidermist in the UK (I would recommend Colin Dunton or Clare Flowers), plus they are a small deer so shouldn't shoot your shipping costs up.

You might just PM Dennis and see what he says for shipping back? He would have an idea of what the size of the crate that would have to be used.

Only thought in US taxi is accountability. I know someone like Dennis does amazing work and if there was an issue he's not across the world. I'm not opposed to U.K. Taxi if had real references and some work I could look at.

I'll get in contact with everyone suggested on lunch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinagqe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber