Cost of dip and ship

Screenshot_20200311-175506_Drive.jpg

Anyone out there tell me if I am getting screwed?? I have 2 cape buffalo, a hippo scull 4 hippo legs, a nyassa wildabeast and warthog. Nothing taxidermied just capes and cleaned and dipped. $3500.00

I thought that is really high priced. Oh, 400.00 to dip and crate..

Anyone out there to give me advice and make me not so hurt in the hind end??

Who’s doing the work & shipping? I had a similar shipment. No Taxidermie.... 2 buffalo capes, skull/horns, honey badger, 2 baboon skulls, red hartebeest skull & backskin, klipspringer & steenbok.

I can go back & look to the penny. However, I think the dip/pack/crate was like $1000 & the shipment was over $3k.... maybe $4k. I think I got screwed. They blame it on the “weight” of the buffalo hides.

Well that is pretty close. I am 3350 for shipping and 400 dip and crate

I went back & looked..... Dip/Pack/Crate = $1514, The Shipping & Importing = $3350. I will be honest, both of these were much higher than I expected. So I don't want to throw an outfit under the bus & say they screwed me. However, you can decide if I did or not. As it is all whiskey under the bridge at this point.

My dip and pack for 7 animals was $1431, the air freight from Port Elizabeth to Los Angles was $650, then + UPS to my taxidermist in Colorado. I also paid SSI for the importing but I didn't list that here. What that included was their fee, and a few days storage. in total I was around what BWH paid.

All total for shipping and dip and pack was around $2400 but this was 5 years ago. The crate measured around 4' square and 10" high.

There are so many different things that go into what it is going to cost that it would be hard to estimate just what it really is going to be until you put the crate into the shippers hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you