Contractors Find Message, Whiskey Bottle Under Floor Of Scottish Kitchen

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Contractors-find-message-whiskey-bottle-under-floor-of-Scottish-kitchen.jpg

Contractor Craig Harrigan said he was renovating a home's kitchen in Edinburgh, Scotland, when he found a message written under the floor by the previous occupants of the home. The note was accompanied by a small bottle of whiskey. Photo by Tina-Bettina/Pixabay.com

March 1 (UPI) -- A pair of contractors renovating a kitchen in Scotland removed the floor from the room and found a message from the previous owners -- along with a bottle of whiskey.
Craig Harrigan, 35, who posted video of the discovery to TikTok, said he and a colleague were working in the kitchen of the Edinburgh home when they pulled up the floor and found a message written on the tiles beneath.

The message reads: "Jack and May lived here -- three kids and a dog. Kitchen done up during April and May 2001. All the best, have a drink on us!"

The note was accompanied by a bottle of Glenkinchie whiskey.

"I called the customer in to show her and she said it was her mum and dad's old house that she recently bought and the note was written by her dad. She was one of the three kids," Harrington told the Daily Record. "So we cut the section of floor out and gave her it to keep along with the bottle."

Harrington said the discovery was one of the more unusual things he has found while doing renovations, but he often finds other objects.

"We do find lots of old things. Cigarette packets, sweets wrappers. The thing I like finding the most of the newspapers. A lot of them we can still read," he said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChetBcr330

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.