Considering a O/U 12 bore game gun...but which one?

I’d recommend taking a long hard look at the Browning B-25 Superposed, with a mechanical single selective trigger. Mechanical single selective triggers have their advantages over inertia operated single selective triggers.
The B-25 is a wonderful design and I did take a look at not only this but several of the Browning shotguns. It came down to fit and feel, specifically the open style grip is not what I'm looking for. A few weeks ago I made my decision to get the Blaser F3 and it does come with a mechanical single selective trigger that I do enjoy very much. As a matter of fact, it will be on the sporting clays grounds in a few hours.

So here is a 250+ round update on the Blaser F3 and I'll keep it short.

My neighbor and I haven't shot sporting clays since last year around this time and I was using the Beretta 686 12 bore. Coincidentally, he bought this shotgun from me and used it this past Sunday on the clays range. In total we shot at least 12 stations, each having 2 to 4 different traps set up. We blasted through 150 cartridges each. Lots of laughs and groans along the way, with a bit of "where did the shot go on that one?". He was the one who commented that I'm breaking many more clays than I did in the past. I didn't keep track, but I was above 80% for the day. Even after all those cartridges, my shoulder and cheek/jaw are just fine. This was not the case in the past with the Beretta. The fit of this shotgun has made all the difference in the world.

I swear a mid to late 1980's Citori is the toughest O/U ever made. They shoot well on game and clay. I've killed 40+ species of game birds including everything from sora rail to Tundra swan to 5 of our seven sea ducks. I've even won some pocket money at a clays tournament or two. (BTW - I'm not good enough to win overall even in the Hunters Class but I have won some skins games for running stations including a fur and feathers that everyone seemed to be having trouble with).

This was the first time I opened her up after 34 years in the marsh...I didn't even bother to clean her - just a little oil and closed her back up...incredible since I expected a mess...
51335241531_92f3e9f406_b.jpg

6697677101_be4119d32a_c.jpg

3067194142_428f5d866f_c.jpg

11972625564_8750e5f9bd_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So here is a 250+ round update on the Blaser F3 and I'll keep it short.

My neighbor and I haven't shot sporting clays since last year around this time and I was using the Beretta 686 12 bore. Coincidentally, he bought this shotgun from me and used it this past Sunday on the clays range. In total we shot at least 12 stations, each having 2 to 4 different traps set up. We blasted through 150 cartridges each. Lots of laughs and groans along the way, with a bit of "where did the shot go on that one?". He was the one who commented that I'm breaking many more clays than I did in the past. I didn't keep track, but I was above 80% for the day. Even after all those cartridges, my shoulder and cheek/jaw are just fine. This was not the case in the past with the Beretta. The fit of this shotgun has made all the difference in the world.
Congratulations. Sounds like a …blast! :sneaky:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross