Conservation Force vs. USFWS Lawsuit (elephant and other trophy import)

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Just a bit of news relating to the illegal inaction by USFWS. For the past two years, the USFWS has ignored/held all Zimbabwe Elephant import permit applications. The law requires a review and decision within 60 days, yet none has occurred. The Trump administration stated a policy of "case by case review and approval" in 2018 that never occurred.

Conservationforce.org has filed suit with 15 named plaintiffs, several African nations, conservation groups, DSC, and others against the USFWS.

The complaint was filed, judge assigned, hearing dates set, and the answer from USFWS is pending/due any day now.

When the dust settles, I'll post the lawsuit's complaint here. In the interim, it is probably in conservation's interests to not share the actual suit as it would allow anti's to "dox" named individuals and would give them more time to rally a mock outrage campaign.

The suit is a simple one, it demands that the USFWS follow the law and administrative processes immediately.

If you have trophies in Africa on indefinite hold because the USFWS will not review your import application, I'd suggest you hire conservationforce.org to legally represent your permit processing. They do not charge for legal representation, but donations are strongly encouraged.

A shame we have to sue our federally paid agencies to do their job. Just add USFW to FEMA and others.

Just a bit of news relating to the illegal inaction by USFWS. For the past two years, the USFWS has ignored/held all Zimbabwe Elephant import permit applications. The law requires a review and decision within 60 days, yet none has occurred. The Trump administration stated a policy of "case by case review and approval" in 2018 that never occurred.

Conservationforce.org has filed suit with 15 named plaintiffs, several African nations, conservation groups, DSC, and others against the USFWS.

The complaint was filed, judge assigned, hearing dates set, and the answer from USFWS is pending/due any day now.

When the dust settles, I'll post the lawsuit's complaint here. In the interim, it is probably in conservation's interests to not share the actual suit as it would allow anti's to "dox" named individuals and would give them more time to rally a mock outrage campaign.

The suit is a simple one, it demands that the USFWS follow the law and administrative processes immediately.

If you have trophies in Africa on indefinite hold because the USFWS will not review your import application, I'd suggest you hire conservationforce.org to legally represent your permit processing. They do not charge for legal representation, but donations are strongly encouraged.

thank you for sharing the update

A shame we have to sue our federally paid agencies to do their job. Just add USFW to FEMA and others.

Never forget who created this absolute mess and who is causing the permits to sit, unreviewed, for years. Donald J. Trump. Not some political talking point that is anti-Republican. Not a dig at congress. Or the Democrats. Or a corrupt agency.

Donald J. Trump's tweets caused the ban, then not to ban, then "Case by case review", then no review at all. The president of the USA personally getting involved in such low-level clerical nonsense is ridiculous.

Donald J. Trump Jr., a strong ally of ours and a prolific sportsman, has said to the attorneys "Just wait for the reelection and then we'll sort it out".

That doesn't work. A.) If we don't sort it out now, it may be a President Warren/Sanders/Biden that permanently bans import. B.) President Trump is being handed the perfect scapegoat with this lawsuit now, he can always claim "I hate that it's allowed, but the courts ruled, and we've got to follow their ruling".

For those of you who may not be familiar with Conservation Force, you should make yourself familiar with it. I met John Jackson, president of the organization and his wife in the Dallas airport at the end of DSC in either 2014 or 2015. His wife and I were waiting on flights to our respective homes in Florida, John was waiting on a flight to a SCI meeting in Vegas. Flights out were in total chaos that day and everything was delayed. Point is the three of us had a long talk because of flight delays. As a result of this totally random meeting, I followed up on Conservation Force once I returned home. Shortly after, I started making small donations to the business on a random basis. As time went on and I was keeping up with with CF's court victories under the leadership of John Jackson, I started and continue to make my small donations on a regular bi-monthly basis.
I'm sure that most of you like me, because of memberships in DSC, SCI etc, receive requests for conservation/hunting reasons monthly or even weekly in some cases. I would ask to read up on CF's victories in court during recent years and consider donating to their work. You won't receive pocket knives, backpacks and jackets, but you are probably like me and have plenty of those things anyway!
By the way, John Jackson has never asked me for money/donations. He just sends an update of the cases CF has won, lost or fighting and I then send CF my little donation.
For your consideration.

For those of you who may not be familiar with Conservation Force, you should make yourself familiar with it. I met John Jackson, president of the organization and his wife in the Dallas airport at the end of DSC in either 2014 or 2015. His wife and I were waiting on flights to our respective homes in Florida, John was waiting on a flight to a SCI meeting in Vegas. Flights out were in total chaos that day and everything was delayed. Point is the three of us had a long talk because of flight delays. As a result of this totally random meeting, I followed up on Conservation Force once I returned home. Shortly after, I started making small donations to the business on a random basis. As time went on and I was keeping up with with CF's court victories under the leadership of John Jackson, I started and continue to make my small donations on a regular bi-monthly basis.
I'm sure that most of you like me, because of memberships in DSC, SCI etc, receive requests for conservation/hunting reasons monthly or even weekly in some cases. I would ask to read up on CF's victories in court during recent years and consider donating to their work. You won't receive pocket knives, backpacks and jackets, but you are probably like me and have plenty of those things anyway!
By the way, John Jackson has never asked me for money/donations. He just sends an update of the cases CF has won, lost or fighting and I then send CF my little donation.
For your consideration.

Well said. Who was it that got the import of a Namibian Black Rhino reviewed and approved when SCI and DSC were unable to assist? John Jackson, Conservation Force.

They are doing what is "politically impossible" with increasing frequency.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross