Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Many of you may have seen the post a month or so where I was able to bring in a young Bison bull. Many of you also know that I have love for the American Plains bison. At the turn of the 19th century there were approximately 61 million bison in North America with the vast majority being the Plains Bison. By 1889 there were 541 plains bison left.
I was able to bring in the first bison bull a little while back and have sold him for an upcoming meat hunt. The search was on and I was actually able to find a small starter herd of Bison with the proceeds from the first hunt. I got really lucky and found some very nice animals for a fraction of their value as the owners are elderly and no longer want to deal with them. The sale of the one animal funded the majority of the rest of the herd. The herd bull “Geronimo” is a proven breeder at 9 years old and is an absolute monster weighing almost 2800lbs. The two girls are 2 and 3 years old and will provide calves for many years.
American plains bison live approximately 25 years and will breed up to their early 20’s.

7CBA6E5E-8E38-4C6B-83C6-B6F34B8778A0.jpeg
50F37589-A4B0-4C5B-90AE-CC951830F263.jpeg
CE15A172-1640-4F8C-844F-3E5B95F0FBF4.jpeg
591BE83B-E4D4-4494-8CE5-E60E3A648971.jpeg
575E1F52-CD37-402A-974D-39B9E1D4A5D7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gizmo, I hope the bison do as well as you mentioned. They will provide some interesting scenery for your clients. I wonder if your buffalo are decedents of the herd that occupied "Goodnights" ranch in the PaloDuro Canyon back in the day.

That’s awesome bud!!! I know they will do great out there. Look forward to checking it out in a few weeks!

Gizmo, I hope the bison do as well as you mentioned. They will provide some interesting scenery for your clients. I wonder if your buffalo are decedents of the herd that occupied "Goodnights" ranch in the PaloDuro Canyon back in the day.
Unfortunately no, the Goodnight herd is impossible to get animals from. I’ve tried for years. What’s cool about them is they are the true descendants of the original Bison from the Texas panhandle.

That’s awesome Gizmo, and true conservation at work. I love seeing animals returning to their traditional homeland.

Geronimo is a beast of a buff. Love it my friend. Many years of success with them.

Have fun with your new buffalo. I hear they aren't very respectful of fences..... At least thats what I've been told about them in our area. Congrats
Bruce

Great looking bull!

Have fun with your new buffalo. I hear they aren't very respectful of fences..... At least thats what I've been told about them in our area. Congrats
Bruce
As long as they have ample food, water, and other bison to socialize with they are pretty easy keepers.

They are easy keepers as long as they don't get spooked. I have been on a few bison hunts in Utah and when they want to go somewhere they go. I remember one time when a nephew of mine was watching two bulls come down off of a ridge when one of them ran right over a dead cedar tree. All he could say was that "he went right over that tree." He couldn't believe the power that these animal poses.

Good luck on the herd with many hunts to come.

Great work Erik :D Cheers:

Can’t wait to see those big boys in a few weeks.

Bully for the bull! May he have a long and productive life. Way to go, Gizmo.

Good luck with them! If you can find a couple more girls you could really start growing the numbers!

Great stuff bud!!!

That is awesome. I don’t want to get another dog and look at you

Congrats Erik, I know you have wanted Bison on your place for a long time. Hopefully they go at it and reproduce like rabbits;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,