Connecting flights to Johannesburg

lpace

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, USA, Canada
I was wondering if the cities to avoid are the same as in the past? Specifically, I had been informed to NOT connect through Amsterdam if flying with a bow and arrows (which I will be). It would be nice to have the option to connect through Amsterdam as the duration of the flight is relatively short and the cost is also attractive. But, if the problems of the past remain...

By the way, we are flying from the north east. Boston/Logan being the most convenient airport and JFK is doable but less desirable.

Thanks in advance for your input! Come on July!!!!! :)

I like flying out of jfk to joberg on SAA. You leave at 1105 am get in at like 8 am next day. No problems in last 4 trips and booked to fly out again july 5th. I am normally out of the airport by 10 am and on my way to the ranch.

I like flying out of jfk to joberg on SAA. You leave at 1105 am get in at like 8 am next day. No problems in last 4 trips and booked to fly out again july 5th. I am normally out of the airport by 10 am and on my way to the ranch.

Thanks for the reply Bill. I'm aware of the direct flight from JFK to Joberg. The non-stop part of that equation is certainly desirable. The down side being that flight is several hundred dollars more expensive than a couple of other options. I'm traveling with another couple and cost is a fairly significant issue for them (me too actually).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.