Confirmation of import & export permit from Namibia

slowrey

Reaction score
Hunted
plains game
sent my application of import and export of firearms to the the police dept in Namibia.
any idea of how long it will be to get confirmation that it is approved? our outfitter has been contacted
and they have sent the letter of invitation. we will not be traveling until May 15th. i sent it probably three weeks ago.

I will follow this with interest as there is no approval required. Approval consists of the clerk looking at the form to make sure it is completely filled out and that the serial number listed matches that of the firearm.

Since the online application process in Namibia is brand new I think you will be leading the way.

If it completely fails, take solace in the fact Namibia's paper firearms application is easy to complete and you could fill one out at the airport and still be done in short order.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your response. first trip to Africa.I don't won't any problems that i can avoid.

I don’t know if they will send you confirmation. When I went over last year they asked if I had applied on line,I hadn’t, but the police had a file sitting there of people that had been pre approved.

I emailed the form but I also plan on taking a completed but unsigned form with me in case they misplace it. In either case, you need to sign it in front of the official. Don't sign it before you arrive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.