M.A

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, How does one go about applying for government concession areas (in RSA) to hunt with clients?

Not too many in RSA, did you mean Zimbabwe, if so you would need to go to or have someone bid for you at the auctions (might be online now days ?) some of the better blocks have been taken over or long leased to Green Groups I think ?

In RSA mostly private & you can negotiate with the land owner or concession holder for hunting & at different levels, ie he supplies every thing you bring in hunters or you supply part or full camp & workers !

Where are you from & are you a licensed Outfitter (or do you know one), as you would need to be if doing this in SA, a PH can't legally talk to clients with out them coming from a Outfitter first ?

Last edited:
Say supposing there is still land available in SA, how does one go about the process of obtaining it?
Not too many in RSA, did you mean Zimbabwe, if so you would need to go to or have someone bid for you at the auctions (might be online now days ?) some of the better blocks have been taken over or long leased to Green Groups I think ?

In RSA mostly private & you can negotiate with the land owner or concession holder for hunting & at different levels, ie he supplies every thing you bring in hunters or you supply part or full camp & workers

There will not be any vacant land with any living animals on it not spoken for, land/hunting concessions can be bought, not a real good plan in this day & age .

Make contact with a local outfitter in the area you want to work in & go from there, if wanting to use some one else concession or real estate agent if looking to buy !

Say supposing there is still land available in SA, how does one go about the process of obtaining it?

In RSA mostly private & you can negotiate with the land owner or concession holder for hunting & at different levels, ie he supplies every thing you bring in hunters or you supply part or full camp & workers
There will not be any vacant land with any living animals on it not spoken for, land/hunting concessions can be bought, not a real good plan in this day & age .

Make contact with a local outfitter in the area you want to work in & go from there, if wanting to use some one else concession or real estate agent if looking to buy !
Thanks, much appreciated!

Find the auction, meet the bidder criterion, bid. Contact the various Parks Departments to start. The lots may only be for specific quota and limited access though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross