full

Kenya's Wildlife Ban by John A. Burton published in 1977
(click on image to enlarge)
full

Hunters' Twilight by John Hillaby published in 1977
(click on image to enlarge)
full

Last edited:
Did I read this correctly? The article by John Hillaby suggests that the ban on hunting in Kenya seems to have been managed by people who wanted to increase the harvest ( his notes about the whims of politically motivated stock holders and the replacing of a game warden with the former supervisor of ivory auctioneers) This article describes that the PH were protecting the wildlife from some other political pressures. Was the change in Kenya a way for some to line their pockets more with harvest profits?

Maybe I read it incorrectly but that was the inference I was left with.

His description of the industry seems to be a bit of a poke at the hunter too...interesting writing style.

Interesting read. Thanks.

Very interesting articles and also informative. Thanks.

Please share any information that you can to this thread… thx!

Did I read this correctly? The article by John Hillaby suggests that the ban on hunting in Kenya seems to have been managed by people who wanted to increase the harvest ( his notes about the whims of politically motivated stock holders and the replacing of a game warden with the former supervisor of ivory auctioneers) This article describes that the PH were protecting the wildlife from some other political pressures. Was the change in Kenya a way for some to line their pockets more with harvest profits?

Maybe I read it incorrectly but that was the inference I was left with.

His description of the industry seems to be a bit of a poke at the hunter too...interesting writing style.

Pheroze,

Jomo Kenyatta was the first president of Kenya. It was widely alleged at the time that his wife and daughter were at the top of the rhino and elephant poaching ring in Kenya. The ban on hunting was thought as the way to get PH's and their antipoaching patrols out of the field so that poaching could be more easily accomplished.

Seems to have worked.

That's really cool Jerome. Those were days my grandfather dreamed of. Mutual of Omaha, safari coffee, the old hunting magazines he kept about africa. I love seeing this stuff.

The more I learn the happier I am that I hunt! The antis enable such horrendous destruction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you