Company to assist with transporting rifles for hunt in RSA?

Patton63

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I apologize in advance for asking a question that, perhaps, should be obvious to readers of the forum; but, I seem to be lost at the moment.

I have seen posts where sponsors/members of this site were recommended to assist with the procedures for transporting rifles from the US to RSA. Despite looking, I cannot seem to find the threads or the information. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Rifle permits....... sponsor on the site and they do a great job

Ditto on riflepermits.com. SAPS personnel have been known to deliberately screw up the final version of the Import/Export form, then making it seem necessary to correct their onw intentional mistake by "you" paying a bribe. Henry is a lawyer that knows the laws and SAPS don't screw with Henry's clients. His services are worth every penny. We used him on our first trip and will use him on all future trips.

TRANSPORTING THE RIFLE TO RSA?

I apologize in advance for asking a question that, perhaps, should be obvious to readers of the forum; but, I seem to be lost at the moment.

I have seen posts where sponsors/members of this site were recommended to assist with the procedures for transporting rifles from the US to RSA. Despite looking, I cannot seem to find the threads or the information. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

As all the others have said email Henry at Riflepermits.com
They are one of the site sponsors and their hot link is on the right side of this page!

I believe you have to have the rifle with you on arrival.

Thanks for the input. I am bringing the rifles with me and want to make sure I am covered with the airlines and with the authorities upon arrival.

Thanks again for your input. I emailed Henry this morning to get the process started. I saw my PH over the weekend at the Outdoor show in Harrisburg and now the wait begins.

Congratulations, you will be on your way soon enough.

For you guys that have used Henry at riflepermits.......Will he allow you to scan and email the paperwork/applications, etc to him instead of mailing it all? I know some will and some will not allow it.

He has allowed you to email it in the past, but I believe that some in the last year have had to mail it to him.

My suggestion is that if you do have to mail it, don't use the postal service. While it is cheaper the mail in South Africa is a very iffy thing anymore due to strikes and work stoppages. Use FedEx or UPS, they cost a lot more but it will get there.

It's a royal PITA if you have to mail or ship IMO. That's why I use reputable services that allow scan/email and won't use anyone who mandates mailing.

For you guys that have used Henry at riflepermits.......Will he allow you to scan and email the paperwork/applications, etc to him instead of mailing it all? I know some will and some will not allow it.
Yes you can scan & email everything you need to Henry. They will confirm when all info is received. Emailing will save you about $100.00

Yes you can scan & email everything you need to Henry. They will confirm when all info is received. Emailing will save you about $100.00

Thank you very much.

one thing to make sure about.
Some of the services make you mail the forms to them, by FedEx, I think.,
I used PHASA the first time and it cost over $100 to mail the forms.

Many take them by Fax, which is free.

My 2nd trip, I was staying at Africa Sky overnight on my first night and so I just used their rifle service.
This made it much easier and cheaper.

I recommend them, but I am sure others are just as reliable.
If you're staying overnight in JNB anyway, then stay with Africa Sky and use their service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross