Companies that are Non-Supportive of Hunting

Oooooh, so you may be playing hookie!!! Now I get it!

So at the end of the day they pulled all hunting and fishing equipment from their stores, publicly are left leaning, and are very anti-gun. That's enough for me. If one is anti gun then they are anti hunting by proxy in my book.

So at the end of the day they pulled all hunting and fishing equipment from their stores, publicly are left leaning, and are very anti-gun. That's enough for me. If one is anti gun then they are anti hunting by proxy in my book.

In line with this I am shocked that so many folks use Pay Pal, they are very anti gun.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
  2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

WOW, reading through the list from Paypal, what fun are they? If everyone followed those rules (or if they were enforced - like current gun laws...) Paypal would be out of business!

Thanks for sharing all these statements from Target @gizmo

WOW, reading through the list from Paypal, what fun are they? If everyone followed those rules (or if they were enforced - like current gun laws...) Paypal would be out of business!

Not defending Paypal, at all. I'm not a fan and only use when I feel I have no other reasonable choice.

Part of this though is our litigious society. Read the fine print in dang near any contract and there is a ton of stupid stuff to prevent people from suing anyone even remotely involved. Just nuts....

I was just thinking, man, PayPal is a buzzkill!!!

This really needs posted all over the place. There are almost 27,000 members on this forum and the word must be spread to all of them. Hunters must send a clear message to Verizon on this. I switched to AT&T from Verizon today and it was really seamless. They bought out my Verizon plan so I did not have any early termination fees.

Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 5.45.09 PM.png

I thought it would be a good idea for us to have a list of companies that have shown non support of hunting, such as certain airlines and the cargo ban, or of any company that directly supports anti hunting endeavors. Companies can certainly be added or removed from the list as positions change.

I believe it is also a good idea to put a short explanation of what they've done.

• Delta Airlines- restricted trophy cargo
  • American Airlines- restricted trophy cargo
  • United Airlines- restricted trophy cargo
  • British Airways - total trophy ban
  • Virgin Airlines - total trophy ban (Any Virgin brand, or anything else owned by Richard Branson should be included)
  • Air Canada - restricted trophy cargo
  • Saskatoon Inn (Coast Hotels) - cancelled African Expo
  • Holiday Inn - cancelled African Expo in Toronto

With some quick research I was also surprised to find that companies likeREI and Patagonia may belong here as well. I will need to do some more research on those, or have someone else confirm, before adding them though.

I'm sure there are many more, so everyone please add. It is little things like this that can make a difference!
Lufthansa - German Airlines restricted trophy cargo

It just shows how little the hunting community is doing to promote itself. Again I say we need a powerful PR firm to help the industry.

A hunter just shared with me an email, see below, that he received from Chris Sandmann from Namvic Tours & Safaris (namvicsafaris.com) in Namibia after inquiring about possibly renting a vehicle from them after his hunting safari.

Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 4:48 AM
To: ...
Subject: Re: Vehicle HIre

Hi
Thanks but i don't support trophy hunters! Search elsewhere.
Chris Sandmann

Sent from IPhone
????from Namvic Tours & Safaris, this seems ode to me, and I believe it should be publishes as well....

I don't buy into the "us vs them" mentality from either side regarding boycotts.

If a company has the products/services I need, at a good price, and whose employees are helpful - I'll shop there.

I don't buy into the "us vs them" mentality from either side regarding boycotts.

If a company has the products/services I need, at a good price, and whose employees are helpful - I'll shop there.
So you will willingly use or buy from companies that refuse to recognize your right as s hunter and discriminate against us?

Yes, just as I would hope anti-hunters are willing to buy from e.g. Cabelas for their outdoor needs.

Being excessively divisive just leads us to be even further apart. Instead of calling Holiday Inn like an unstable lunatic to tell them we're boycotting them, how about we stay at the Holiday Inn and have cordial conversations to let them know we are valuable customers.

All the hate on both sides is just unhealthy imo

Last edited:
Not sure where the hate come into this conversation! It's just people sharing what they do not like or are offended by. No hate just statement of opinion!

Yes, just as I would hope anti-hunters are willing to buy from e.g. Cabelas for their outdoor needs.

Being excessively divisive just leads us to be even further apart. Instead of calling Holiday Inn like an unstable lunatic to tell them we're boycotting them, how about we stay at the Holiday Inn and have cordial conversations to let them know we are valuable customers.

All the hate on both sides is just unhealthy imo
I can tell you without any doubt that that's not how the anti's went after Holiday Inn. In Calgary, in Toronto, in Saskatoon, they had protesters blocking people's way, and in some cases, physically preventing them from entering. In Toronto, those who wanted to attend the African Hunting show were required - by the police no less - to listen to the protesters for some minutes, before the police would force the protesters to move aside. In effect, they intimidate. Both businesses, and people. Without that, they would have no success. And they seem to succeed.

If we do not vote with our wallets and our feet, we are in effect telling those businesses who refuse to deal with us that we are quite alright with that. And that's not acceptable, at least not to me.

Let me be clear - I don't think we need to adopt the attitude of the antis. We don't need to intimidate, or use violence in place of reason. But we do need to use the tools we have. And nice conversations - while a start - are not nearly as effective as money.

Let me be clear - I don't think we need to adopt the attitude of the antis. We don't need to intimidate, or use violence in place of reason. But we do need to use the tools we have. And nice conversations - while a start - are not nearly as effective as money.

I just question the amount of money. Fewer than 10% of gunowners belong to the NRA, and then I would guess fewer than 10% of those boycott. That's not a lot of people when they are all spread out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg