Wade J VanGinkel

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Well like others with nowhere to go right now I got caught up and found a Ruger African in 6.5x55 that I had to buy.
Money will be sent tomorrow and hopefully will be in possession in a week or so.
Used but like new in box for $900
Didn't haggle the price as it's getting hard to find rifles like this.
I have a low cost burris timberline 2x7 I plan to install when it arrives.

Money has been sent and now anxiously waiting.
Ordered 3 different boxes of bullets to try when it gets here.
This is the older burris 2x7 I plan to install.
The only other loose scope I have is a 6x18 leupold that doesn't seem appropriate.
20201023_180111.jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-165454_Chrome.jpeg

It's a great cartridge. Congrats!

Great cartridge, great rifle, great price - should be a pleasure to shoot - well done!

Nice piece, good purchase!!!

Very nice rifle complemented by a classic cartridge.

Well done, great purchase.

Keep this one in the family, pass it down to the kids.

Sharp rifle.

Please let us know how that 2x7 works out: I have a CG Mauser with a side mount that I'm trying to land on some glass for - was going to go with a vintage K4 but have been on the fence about a Burris 2-7 Fullfield.

Sharp rifle.

Please let us know how that 2x7 works out: I have a CG Mauser with a side mount that I'm trying to land on some glass for - was going to go with a vintage K4 but have been on the fence about a Burris 2-7 Fullfield.
The 2x7 i have was to short to fit the rings.
I just received a Leopold 4x12 Freedom i will be mounting this week.
Just need a day off

Sharp rifle.

Long story short...I am a HUGE Burris fan. Didn't start out that way; I used another mainline manufacturer for years. Until I looked at 2 CZs I got on trade. Coincidently, one of those was a 6.5X55. The Swede had the other glass, the .22 had a Burris. Upon getting them home, I had them side by side and was checking my new rifles out. The other scope was a higher end model from a respected company; the Burris was a Fullfield. The latter was INCREDIBLY brighter and clearer in the twilight than the other, for roughly 1/4 the price. Since this experience a few years ago, I've scoped up several rifles with Burris. All Fullfields and a Veracity. I have not been satisfied, but duly impressed. Only two faults I find with their current lineup (and I find this with virtually all manufacturers) is that they don't offer much with a simple duplex reticle, and I couldn't find anything to fit my .375 with a super low magnification through a mid-range magnification. I say the latter admitting to the fact that I've never cranked a scope up higher than it's lowest setting on anything larger than groundhogs.

A note on the K4 vs Fullfield...another thing to consider is that the K4 will be in a gloss finish...perhaps better fitting of the rifle. Also, if you look around...you can find a K4 in a German 4 reticle (of which I am a HUGE fan...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg