Comair/Kulula Ceases Firearm Carriage within Southern Africa Effective March 31, 2013

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Just received this via PHASA this morning so thought I would forward. The routes affected are Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Harare, Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Windhoek & Mauritius. If you are booked on Comair then they are offering full refunds for these tickets via the original office it was issued - i.e., direct with BA, travel agent, etc.

Firearms: Kulula & BA Southern Africa

Last Updated on Friday, 15 March 2013 08:10
Please be advised that with effect from 1 March 2013, Comair will no longer be accepting firearms for carriage on any domestic or regional flight operated by both the British Airways and kulula brands. This includes all hunting rifles, or any weapon requiring special handling, that may not be carried as either hand luggage or checked baggage.

Passengers who hold bookings on any BA/Comair or kulula flight after this date will need to make alternative flight bookings. Please note, this information only applies to southern African flights and does not apply to British Airways international flights between London and South Africa.

Further news:
We were informed by BA/Comair that all efforts from BA/Comair's side to reduce the cost in the short/medium term were unsuccessful. BA/Comair has therefore made a decision to terminate firearm handling on 31 March.

BA/Comair has discussed its decision with the Airlines Association of Southern Africa (AASA).
PHASA is currently following it up with the Airlines Association of Southern Africa (AASA), for their possible assistance in arranging discussions with other role-players.

We have followed up with BA/Comair regarding the 100% refunding of tickets which needs to be cancelled because of the firearm policy. This enquiry will be taken up with their Revenue management department about persons travelling after 31 March and let us know.

Just wondering if there are any other options with other carriers for those city pairs?

Thanks Lori!

Hi Cliffy ~ yes, South African Air services all of those.

That cuts out the budget fares for making those connections with firearms.

Thanks Lori.

LORI
THANK YOU FOR THE UP DATE.

Thank You for the info Lori please keep us informed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross