Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Just for entertainment, I was watching this auction on GB. Serious bidders, bidding big bucks.

This set was manufactured in 1994-1995 and features 1 Anaconda, 1 King Cobra, and 1 Python. Each revolver has a stainless finish, coordinated serial numbers, and has "SERPENTINE SERIES OF 1994" engraved on the barrels. "1 OF 50" is also engraved on the left side of the frames under the cylinder.​

1619903628449.png

That’s crazy. I guess with the Colt we all know and love possibly gone forever people are scrambling. I think I could’ve spent that money better. $38K would make for a great safari

I would say that if someone is dumping $38 K on a set of revolvers then he has no worries about going on a safari or any other hunting trip that they want to go on.

I would say that if someone is dumping $38 K on a set of revolvers then he has no worries about going on a safari or any other hunting trip that they want to go on.
Come up with that one all by yourself did ya? ;). Thanks for illuminating things for me. If you’re gonna address my post at least do me the honor of quoting me so I’m aware of it. I agree with your unoriginal statement.

Just stating what I would do with it :). Pistols don’t do it for me. Now if we were talking English doubles.. To each their own. Not sincerely criticizing the winning bidder(y)

Thats a crazy price, considering what they are worth separately and not as a matched set.
My dad had a double diamond set, from colt. 45acp and a python. Wonder what its worth ?
There is 650 billionaires in the us, so bid away gentlemen !

Returning from Turkey 10 years ago, a friend called me and said "there's a gun auction the day you get back" I was too tired to go, but went anyway. The only thing I considered out of the 150 guns in the estate auction was a 416 Rigby. Unfired. He only wanted an Anaconda. I bought the Rigby for less than half of what he got the snake gun for. My eyes were opened. It is a nice revolver. He saw something more.......FWB

Uhhh, yah- bidders/buyer so much money it doesn't matter. When I first saw the title I thought, hmmm interesing, maybe a small group of Colt 1st Gen SAAs. But those three, modern revolvers at 38K! That's over 12.6K ea. Not me! That 38k number is kind of a "tweener", that's why I had to think and try to second guess what the guns were without looking at the description. A really good Colt SAA or even C&B could be many times that and regular modern colts like the ones sold, would (or should) be quite a bit less than that. So yep, someone with so much money, doesn't matter. Or an alternative, enough money but no sense. :)

Uhhh, yah- bidders/buyer so much money so it doesn't matter. When I first saw the title I thought, hmmm interesing, maybe a small group of Colt 1st Gen SAAs. But those three, modern revolvers at 38K! That's over 12.6K ea. Not me! That 38k number is kind of a "tweener", that's why I had to think and try to second guess what the guns were without looking at the description. A really good Colt SAA or even C&B would be 5-10 times that and regular modern colts like the ones sold, would (or should) be quite a bit less than that. So yep, someone with so much money- doesn't matter. Or an alternative: enough money but no sense. :)
I thought the same thing. Either 2 or 3 antiques or abunch of the modern stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!