colored springbok

Julian owns the sci book for springbok. He has been breeding monster springbok before there was a "grand slam." I have met a lot of land owners in Africa and can tell you there is no one as passionate about one animal as Julian is about his springbok. I am more proud of the picture of myself and Julian than most trophies in my trophy room. Meeting Julian is much more important to me than all four of my slam being over a certain size. Springbok are right up there with the zebra in getting close enough to shoot with my muzzleloader. Julian has made special chairs ( which I would love to have one in my trophy room) and with his knowledge of the land will get you your slam. If you want bushpig you must hunt with Marius. Marius will take you to meet Julian. Say hi for me when you get there. Make sure you take detailed pictures of the chairs. Aaron

Attachments

• africa 2011 533.jpg
    africa 2011 533.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 164
  • africa 2011 542.jpg
    africa 2011 542.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 141
Jules of the Karoo now on Africa Hunting Forum

Hello everybody

I know this is looooong overdue but Jules of the Karoo has now eventually joined the forum.... we promise to be quite active on the forum and we hope to learn from everyone here and hopefully show you some of our trophies...

This year has started off with a bang... we have hunted three common springbok over 16 inches as well as a stunner over 17,5... I will post some more pictures later...

We still have a few oustanding trophies available for this year but our numbers are limited...Happy hunting everyone...

Jules FB.jpg

Some more background on us for those of you that do not know...

Jules of the Karoo is a Safari Outfitter. We specialize in Common Springbok, White Springbok, Black Springbok and the elusive Copper Springbok. We have more than 15 species on the farm including Bontebok, Hartman zebras and Gemsbok. Additionally Jules of the Karoo Safaris offers more than 40 species of plains game hunting on other hunting concessions throughout South Africa. We cater for all methods of hunters which include Rifle, Handgun, Bow and Arrow and Muzzleloaders.

As at 6 March 2013 according to the SCI online record book:
- Jules of the Karoo has 44 entries in the top 50 for South African Springbok.
- Jules of the Karoo has 20 entries in the top 50 for White Springbok
- Jules of the Karoo has 18 entries in the top 50 for Copper Springbok
- Jules of the Karoo has 11 entries in the top 50 for Black Springbok
- Jules of the Karoo has 25 entries in the top 50 for Steenbok
- Overall number 1 South African Springbok hunted (any method) was at Jules of the Karoo.
- 11 out of the 12 entries for the overall TOP 10 South African Springbok was taken at Jules of the Karoo
- Number 1 South African Springbok hunted with a rifle was at Jules of the Karoo.
- Number 1 South African Springbok hunted with a bow was at Jules of the Karoo.
- Number 1 South African Springbok hunted with a handgun was at Jules of the Karoo.
- Number 1 South African Springbok hunted with a muzzleloader was at Jules of the Karoo.
- Number 1 Black Springbok hunted with a muzzleloader was at Jules of the Karoo.
- Number 1 Copper Springbok hunted with a muzzleloader was at Jules of the Karoo.
- Number 1 White Springbok hunted with a muzzleloader was at Jules of the Karoo.
- Number 1 Steenbok hunted with a muzzleloader was at Jules of the Karoo.

Additionally we have 2 overall top ten South African Springbok entries pending on SCI...

Jules is tops for the Sringbok but they are a bit costly. I know you get what you pay for. I wish they would do a bow special I could afford. In the mean time I keep socking a few bucks away here and there. :)

A great white hunter over the weekend

Judge Sam Monarch hunted this brillinat white springbok ram over the weekend with his muzzleloader... this will be a top 5 entry for muzzleloader.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sam white.jpg

Welcome to the forum Jules :)
You have some great Springboks for sure!

Thanks to all who have given me quotes or info.I most say marius of kmg has gone above and beyond with info on this and sure makes it hard to be here in the states now not hunting.The call I got from him has me really thinking of using his service in the future.Dam he loves to hunt and it comes out talking with him.

Grandslam last week

A local south african (Yusuf Desai) hunted a good grandslam on our farm last week. His common springbok was just over 16 inches, his black springbok was 14 inches, his copper springbok was 13 1/4 inches and his white springbok was 12 1/2 inches

Desai Grand Slam.jpg

gday jules
is that standard that the common springbok are on average bigger than black,white and copper ones ?

gday jules
is that standard that the common springbok are on average bigger than black,white and copper ones ?

Yes they defninately are in terms of horn lenght and overall body size!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross