Colorado Springs Urban Mule Deer

Jason Miller

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Just for fun....

So I live in beautiful Colorado springs. I have a little Garage where I keep my "toys" hidden from my better half and due to the fact I am rarely at my garage it has turned into the Bachelor pad for the neighborhood bucks. I have shot some pics over the last fall when I see them and I am amazed someone over the years haven't accidentally taken one of these beasts. They are safe with me however and have become fairly tame. I don't approach them but they don't run off anymore.

IMG_7066.JPG
buck3.jpg
buvk1.jpg
buck2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool!

Looks like some shooters to me!

Very nice bucks! Lucky man! I was in Co springs back in the fall and a couple of big guys LIke these were on the side of the interstate just north of the academy exit. They were just grazing along without a care in the world.

Man that is cool....

Crossbow time! Are they any good to eat and what DO they eat? Shrubbery? Flowers? They wouldn't last long in my back yard. :LOL:

Jason, were those photos taken over a period of time? In three out of the four photos the bucks seem to be in the "velvet" the fourth one clearly is not. I've never seen a Mule Deer so please assess my question accordingly.

While growing up, it was unheard of to hear of a deer in my home town. Now, I think there are more in town than out of town.
Those are great pics of some dandy bucks.

Thanks for sharing your game reserve with us..
Those are some fine Mule Deer Bucks.

Smart deer.

What part of the Springs are you in? I see Deer like that in the Black Forest all the time. I had an archery tag but I couldn't get close enough to tag one.....

Hi Jason
Keep taking the photos. I hunt and have yet to get a good mule deer. Back before digital photos I had this rancher that would let me go out with my camera and take photos of the monsters on his land.
Here are a couple photos of those photos I have up in my house that I am just as proud of as the trophies I have taken hunting.
If I were you I would make good print of the buck with the old car!!! And put it up in your shop.
3A7C04F1-356F-4042-9E58-3CB832F1505C.jpeg
92AC6278-1F0F-4E6C-85ED-599170C0558D.jpeg

Jason, were those photos taken over a period of time? In three out of the four photos the bucks seem to be in the "velvet" the fourth one clearly is not. I've never seen a Mule Deer so please assess my question accordingly.
Yes. Taken over 2018. Some were during felt.

What part of the Springs are you in? I see Deer like that in the Black Forest all the time. I had an archery tag but I couldn't get close enough to tag one.....
I live in Rockrimmon however my garage is off I 25 and Uintah. These deer are literally less than a mile from downtown. Lol.

Crossbow time! Are they any good to eat and what DO they eat? Shrubbery? Flowers? They wouldn't last long in my back yard. :LOL:
They are excellent eating, as long as they are not deep in the rut. Mule deer are mainly browsers.

It's neat to have wildlife around.

It's fantastic when you have truly special wildlife around.

Thanks for that post. Made me look out the window to see what I might have. ;)

Deer lounge around in town in San Saba and have to be shooed off the playgrounds at public schools in Lampasas....they KNOW where they can't be shot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg