AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Sad things are happening to Colorado. We have brought in too many high tech businesses consequently too much ignorance as well of wildlife. I have lived here since 1976. I moved here because of fishing, hunting and many other outdoor activities. For years I could buy an OTC license for most big game. I would take an antelope, deer and elk most years if I did proper scouting.
Since then, ignorant voters stopped spring bear and bait hunting. They closed off many areas of good hunting. Now they are pushing to vote on bringing the gray wolf back to Colorado. Those in the DOW who are trained in wildlife management are not allowed to do their jobs nor say anything (just like the black bear public vote). Ranchers are enraged over the vote. The liberals say “Well you’ll get paid for any loses of livestock.” They have no clue what this is going to cost tax payers!
Just wait until you can’t go for a hike for fear of attack.

Ignorance is rampant in Colorado!

Art, that is definitely part of our problem. Of course they lied to us about the real costs of marijuana legalization. Transients panhandling on every corner. Still illegal sales of it. Additional police required. Insurance costs going up 10-20% yearly. On and on!

If my daughter didn’t need the local Drs. I’d move in a heartbeat!

Heard when was at sci that reno has some of the big tech/computer companies moving there. ...so presume nevada will get that way....but I believe since I first went there in 1990 to sci it's gone already. ....

Heard when was at sci that reno has some of the big tech/computer companies moving there. ...so presume nevada will get that way....but I believe since I first went there in 1990 to sci it's gone already. ....
Yep. Nevada is too close to California!

Sad things are happening to Colorado. We have brought in too many high tech businesses consequently too much ignorance as well of wildlife. I have lived here since 1976. I moved here because of fishing, hunting and many other outdoor activities. For years I could buy an OTC license for most big game. I would take an antelope, deer and elk most years if I did proper scouting.
Since then, ignorant voters stopped spring bear and bait hunting. They closed off many areas of good hunting. Now they are pushing to vote on bringing the gray wolf back to Colorado. Those in the DOW who are trained in wildlife management are not allowed to do their jobs nor say anything (just like the black bear public vote). Ranchers are enraged over the vote. The liberals say “Well you’ll get paid for any loses of livestock.” They have no clue what this is going to cost tax payers!

Unfortunately it won’t cost “taxpayers “. It will cost HUNTERS and FISHERMAN! Those “depredation payments” to ranchers will come out of the DOW’s (our) budget! Just as payments do now for crop damage by wildlife, damage caused by a bear breaking into someone’s mountain cabin (no really!), building and maintaining dams on DOW property lakes, funding the State Parks in a losing budgetary effort, etc., etc., etc. The resident taxpayer who doesn’t hunt or fish, enjoys all of the benefits of our Colorado outdoors, but doesn’t pay a dime to do it! This is not sustainable and we wonder why our license, tags and numerous other fees continue to go up?

About the only state that you could move to would be Alaska and those that are tired of the west cost are moving up there. So I predict that it won't be long before you start seeing these type of ballot initiatives up there.

I moved to Colorado back in 87 for work and enjoyed the bountiful hunting opportunities for a few years before things started to go downhill. A couple of years ago in one of the better mule deer units I saw more black bears than I did buck deer. The elk herd population is way down to the point that a OTC archery tag is bull only and you need a few points to draw a cow tag in any of the seasons. This problem has been brought on by hikers in the elk caving grounds and predators.

It is very sad.

Yep. Nevada is too close to California!

Yeah seemed to be what some of the original people who lived there we got to know said even a few years ago....people moving in from California and even commuting from nevada to California each day to work....cab drivers were locals....some great characters amongst them....but over the years they seemed to vanish and it was people from all different parts of the world driving the cabs......the local ones were into guns and hunting. ..but don't think so now......(n)

They are flooding into Texas. It is becoming the next California. The traffic already sucks there. Kansas is great people are leaving here.

Mule deer will never ever recover! Elk and Moose population with be devastated. Wyoming had 30 guided wolf hunters last year not a one killed a wolf. Just shows how smart they are. Legal hunting can control the numbers. Sad news for Colorado and the people that hunt

I read another article on the internet today about a group of internet “ key board commandos “ get enraged because some innocent hunters were shooting some rein deer for Christmas in Norway. It makes me extremely enraged that they would do this , without understanding the beauty or the benefits of hunting and talking out of their rears , based on their “ feelings “.These people are the most delusional retarded bastards ever to be granted life on God’s green earth. Whenever they see hunters hunting ANYTHING, they write their stupid , lying articles on social media , about that particular animal being endangered or about hunters making the animals needlessly suffer. And today’s generation , being the brain dead duffers that they are , actually believe them without looking at any facts. What these pathetic excuses of human beings do not realize is that God created animals to be used by man.
If l could ever get get my hands on these vile beings without legal repercussions, then l would do certain things to them , which l did to the Pakistani soldiers , during the war.
Some times l wonder , why we do not send them naked and unarmed into the forests to stop a royal Bengal tiger from hunting a sambhur deer ? I would love to see what happens to them.

Regarding Colorado , these sons of bitches who make their decisions after watching Disney’s “ Bambi “ should not be allowed to make decisions about wild life.
These swines care more about these beasts than they do about their fellow man ! Even calling them swines , is an insult to pigs , because l respect pigs more than l respect these people. They are the actual vermin .

I would strongly request my American , Australian and European fellow hunters never to let these people take control . We let them take control in India , and these bastards took our God given right to hunt away from us , because of their “ feelings “ . Great Britain is a lost cause , due to the number of pathetic millennial fools who seem to run the country now . However , l still believe that America and Europe can be saved from these people’s vile influence. After Brexit , hopefully those disgusting vegan British animal obsessed autistics will no longer have any sort of influence on the mainland.

I apologize for ranting , everyone. But l got very angry reading about Colorado. I used to love Colorado. There is a knife company named “ Spyderdo “ based in Colorado and they make some of my favorite folding knives.

Idaho is in the same boat as Colorado with the influx of more left-leaning people, just not as severe (yet).
Something to ponder...
Using my home state of Idaho and the state of California as an example. The population of California is about 40 million. The population of Idaho is about 1.75 million. California's population INCREASE over the last 10 years has been 2.75 million. A million more people than Idaho's total population!
Regarding game management and wolves. Idaho citizens didn't want wolves. Idaho Fish and Game didn't want wolves. There was no ballot initiative. Idaho got wolves. Colorado is going to have wolves (in fact there are already some there). Whether they are reintroduced or not, and I believe they will be, it is just a short matter of time. Collared wolves have shown up in Washington, Oregon and California. Wolves have moved in to the Jarbidge wilderness in northern Nevada. Wolves were spotted in the Logan river drainage of northern Utah 20 years ago, as well as the Uintah mountains.
The only way to control a wolf population is through hunting and trapping with liberal bag limits and long seasons AND significant control efforts by state game management agencies with telemetry and aerial control efforts as well as government trappers. All of which are taking place in Idaho. I'm pretty sure there will not be support for some of the control measures needed in Colorado. Utah will be next.
Prepare for change, its a comin'.

Reactions: ack
I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of "Mary Jane" that gets smoked?:rolleyes:
No.I never use but crime is less since legal..It's got to do with lib college grads and dumb ass profs.

I hate this too..Moved here in 1985...Ultra educated libs pour into Co. and make it worse yearly..Bring California ideas with them..Takes about 8 yrs in many areas to draw deer but they keep some of your app money each year or you don't get points..I told them to go to hell..Better to go to Africa every 3 or 4 years and hunt without crowds..

If l could ever get get my hands on these vile beings without legal repercussions, then l would do certain things to them , which l did to the Pakistani soldiers , during the war.
Poton
Come now. That is a waste of so many good oil drums . It would be far more economical to just shoot them with your .22 Long Rifle calibre auto loader , in the heads . Also , less labour - intensive . Besides , .22 Long Rifle cartridges are cheap and more convenient than what you are proposing . Why would you want to waste so many good oil drums on these pests ?
On a related subject , l share your rage.
These delusional filth should be dropped off , some where on a rudder- less boat in the Artic ocean .

Last edited:
Many many years ago, I worked in Austin, TX. It was already starting to look very liberal. Students went to UT; learned liberalism; then never grew up and left.

I grew up north of Fort Worth with 250 students in four grades of high school. It was a great time. Shot doves off our back porch while my mother brought me lemonade or iced tea. I’d pop a cottontail out the back window munching on the garden. After throwing my evening papers, I’d bike to the lake, get in our little fishing boat and run my trot lines. I’d clean the fish and bury their guts under our fruit trees. The trees loved it! Finally my mother told me not to bring any more fish home. The freezer was full and she was tired of cooking them!

I was very fortunate! Texas was a different place. Shut, the world was a different place. I don’t know what we have let happen. Wish I knew how to fix it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg