AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF, SCI, NRA, WCF&W
Just got this from SCI:

On April 14, the House Health, Insurance & Environment Committee is holding a hearing on House Bill 1341, which prohibits the sale, purchase, trade, or distribution of any covered animal species part or product, including ivory. Contact your State Rep and Committee Members and urge them to oppose H. 1341.

If you're in Colorado like I am, consider emailing or calling your state rep.

Emotion of the antis drives stuff like this. I hope the Bill is soundly defeated.

NRA All Access program's doing a segment on "the aggressive measures anti-hunting groups are taking to attack..."

All you need is more dumb and stupid regulations.

I thought Colorado was a sane state?!?!?

Not in state where they are selling marijuana? And bragging about the pot revenue.

Yes, the politicians like to brag about the pot revenue, except for the fact that it had a $20 million dollar shortfall. Just because they legalize it, doesn't mean that people will pay taxes on the sale of it.

This state is slowly going downhill. We have too many liberal Californians moving into our state. If we could only get a few more Texans and southerners to move here, we might have a chance!

Oklahoma had a similar bill introduced last year. I talked to several legislators and they said the impetus comes from a similar bill from New Jersey and in our case was pushed by a group of zookeepers. It went nowhere here because they didn't see a problem with wildlife trade. I would ask your legislators if there is a real problem with illegal wildlife trade, and if they really want to ban the sale of pianos, musical instruments, etc as that is what it will accomplish.

I will say, I am thankful that AH exists so that this type of stuff gets publicized and it at least gives a chance to try to defeat it. I wish we were more on the offense then on the defense all of the time.

Yes, the politicians like to brag about the pot revenue, except for the fact that it had a $20 million dollar shortfall. Just because they legalize it, doesn't mean that people will pay taxes on the sale of it.

This state is slowly going downhill. We have too many liberal Californians moving into our state. If we could only get a few more Texans and southerners to move here, we might have a chance!
Sorry bro. I'm a native Texan that tried to live there twice. In both cases I got the hell outta there as fast as I could. Too liberal. Sad though, it used to not be.

Sorry bro. I'm a native Texan that tried to live there twice. In both cases I got the hell outta there as fast as I could. Too liberal. Sad though, it used to not be.
You should have stayed and fought the good fight. Convince more Texans to move up and we'd be a little more balanced!

The problem with Colorado is the front range cities of Denver, and Boulder. Between the two of them they can almost control the rest of the state. But then it doesn't help when we have brain dead state Senators like I do that follow in the liberal mindset. They only good thing is that there are term limits in the state legislature and we rotate them in and out fairly quickly.

You should have stayed and fought the good fight. Convince more Texans to move up and we'd be a little more balanced!
Sorry buddy, Texas is where I belong.

I thought Colorado was a sane state?!?!?

A couple of years ago, I'm sitting in a Denver airport restaurant, ordering a burger and beer. I am in my mid-50s and look every bit of it. The waiter asks to see my driver's license. I ask for what and he says they card everyone that orders alcohol. I said, "Let me get this straight, it's legal to smoke pot in this state, but you have to card everyone that orders a drink." At a nearby table, two old gals in their 70's that heard my question just started laughing and told me they too were carded and it made their day.

A couple of years ago, I'm sitting in a Denver airport restaurant, ordering a burger and beer. I am in my mid-50s and look every bit of it. The waiter asks to see my driver's license. I ask for what and he says they card everyone that orders alcohol. I said, "Let me get this straight, it's legal to smoke pot in this state, but you have to card everyone that orders a drink." At a nearby table, two old gals in their 70's that heard my question just started laughing and told me they too were carded and it made their day.

They go from one extreme to another, but it usually happens after they get busted for selling to someone that is under age.

I was at a Colorado Rockies baseball game a few years ago and a gentleman that was well past 70 tried to purchase two beers at the game and they wanted to see his ID which he didn't have, they just said that it was the law and that they carded everyone. He was about to go away without the beers when I bought him two and handed them to him and then I went to the back of the line so that I could buy two more.

And on the subject of buying MJ you have to have a ID to purchase it also and they card everyone, quite often as they enter the store. I haven't been to one yet but from what I have seen on news cast it is quite stick.

From the Denver SCI Chapter:
House Bill 1341 was introduced last week by Rep. Joann Ginal. This legislation would prohibit the sale, purchase, trade, or distribution (sale) of any covered animal species part or product, including ivory, with limited exceptions. The species include; elephants, rhinoceroses, tigers, lions, leopards, cheetahs, pangolins, marine turtles, sharks, and rays.

This is a dangerous piece of legislation and the House Health, Insurance, and Environment Committee is hosting a hearing on 4/14 at 1:30pm.
Jeff Patchen will be submitting testimony on behalf of SCI but it's important for the Committee to hear directly from their constituents.

We are asking all chapter members to review this bill and contact Committee members. For talking points or more information please contact

Jeff Patchen

Manager | Government Relations, State Affairs

Safari Club International

501 2nd St., NE |Washington, DC 20002

Tel (202) 543-8733

Looks like the animals rights people are making a planned and timed effort to pass these ridiculous laws: http://www.africahunting.com/threads/cecils-law.28303/

Interesting they are not trying to ban the possession of it (if I've read it right)

Interesting they are not trying to ban the possession of it (if I've read it right)
Yes, but it is a first step type of regulation. They just add on to it in the future under some other piece of legislation that no one is watching. You know the type, the kind that has to be passed before the public can read it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.