Colorado Get Together

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF
Hunted
USA: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, California. Ontario, Canada, RSA.
Just wondering who the Colorado members here who might want to get together for a shooting day? I’m a member of the Frontier Sportsmans’ Club (It’s on line) east of Colorado Springs and can take a couple of guests when I shoot. PM me.

(y)

Too bad you are not a little bit closer than Colorado Springs.

I'm over here on the western slope right on I-70.

Perhaps when all this covid stuff is done we could set up a meet and dinner with a lot of the members here.

Too bad you are not a little bit closer than Colorado Springs.

I'm over here on the western slope right on I-70.

Perhaps when all this covid stuff is done we could set up a meet and dinner with a lot of the members here.
Sounds great!

Just be careful you don't publish a date and location.

You know some rascally Texans will probably try to crash the party. Texans always want to be the turd in the punch bowl!

You know some rascally Texans will probably try to crash the party. Texans always want to be the turd in the punch bowl!
Come on up Tarbe! Maybe we should find a cool place to camp? Possibly near Salida where the DOW has a free shooting range? Or off the Colorado River near Hot Sulphur Springs where they also have a range?

Come on up Tarbe! Maybe we should find a cool place to camp? Possibly near Salida where the DOW has a free shooting range? Or off the Colorado River near Hot Sulphur Springs where they also have a range?
You guys from Texas or AHers from anywhere else would absolutely be welcomed if we could set up a “Rendezvous” style camping/shooting scenario somewhere here. Wouldn’t have to be at/near an actual shooting range as most places in the National Forest allow one to shoot their firearms. But, I’m getting WAY ahead of myself here. But, Ridgewalker does have a great idea here about the camping/shooting part?

So when all this Covid is over should be November 4th, 2020, gonna be a cold day shooting!

Another thought is the Whittington Center near Raton, NM. A very nice place to shoot! RV, tent, group cabin, etc. Just thinking ahead.

Another thought is the Whittington Center near Raton, NM. A very nice place to shoot! RV, tent, group cabin, etc. Just thinking ahead.
That’s a great idea!

With a 375 minimum? Ok 9.3’s too!

The Whittingon Center is a stellar idea! Spent a lot of time there during my working career. Bee's knees for get togethers. This covid circular firing squad, which is likely to last until after the November elections, makes any planning difficult though. Additionally, that wing nut, drunk-on-power NM governor's tentacles of control include that area also. You'd have to contact the Center directly to find out details about current impacts to operations there.
http://www.nrawc.org

Last edited:
Bump! I know there are some of you here that live in Colorado Springs. I'm thinking of a brief range shoot at the Frontier Sportsman's Club, where I'm a member. We could have lunch at Frankie's in Falcon afterwards. Uncloak yourselves and let me know if you'd be interested. I'm trying here!

Not from Colorado but we are headed there for a motorcycle trip in June...staying at a cabin somewhere I believe in Durango area...not sure where that is from you. Probably won’t have any rifles with me kinda hard to strap on the Harley :oops:. Might could get together for lunch someday though or something

NJC, the more the more fun!
Whacker, sadly I’m only 65 miles south of Wyoming in north central Colorado. Durango is in the southwest part of the state. That’s a beautiful area! The Animas River runs through the middle of town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg