College Student Looking For Passionate Hunter

Katie

AH member
Reaction score
Greeting everyone,

I am a student at Florida Gulf Coast University looking to interview a passionate hunter. My goal is to make your perspective known to a liberal college so that we understand each other. No criticizing, no analysis, just purely as a project in empathizing. I would very much appreciate your time. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Katie

+1 post the questions.

You will HAVE to post your questions if you want MY PASSIONATE hunting answers... I am in another continent!!!

I'm what a North American citizen would classify as a Liberal.
I have hunted for 44 of my 56 years in 5 countries and shot animals for trophies, fun, meat and pest extermination.
I also support gay marriage, women's right to a termination, free public health and the dismantling of the US industrial/military complex.
I believe disarmament is a move by the rich to enslave the working man.

Would I qualify ???

I'm what a North American citizen would classify as a Liberal.
I have hunted for 44 of my 56 years in 5 countries and shot animals for trophies, fun, meat and pest extermination.
I also support gay marriage, women's right to a termination, free public health and the dismantling of the US industrial/military complex.
I believe disarmament is a move by the rich to enslave the working man.

Would I qualify ???
LOL. We need to talk.

Greeting everyone,

I am a student at Florida Gulf Coast University looking to interview a passionate hunter. My goal is to make your perspective known to a liberal college so that we understand each other. No criticizing, no analysis, just purely as a project in empathizing. I would very much appreciate your time. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Katie

hi katie why dont you get a grant or whatever they are called over there from your university and find an operator who would have you visit the bush to see how it works, from looking after clients , the animals , the hunting , anti poaching the whole kit and caboodle, as to why people love hunting and all thats involved with it. being in the wild areas seeing , hearing, smelling what most people never experience . maybe that would give you some understanding ........from what i recall we have had this type of request on AH before, and people have been helpful, as they are on here to try and get their feelings and info across to the person asking for info, but after a short time those people vanished with nothing more said...........so i think you will run into quite a bit of scepticism here about your intentions......cheers mike

This website has so much information from very experienced hunters and conservationists. It would be like interviewing dozens of individuals with a PhD in the subject (not me btw). You will also find links to third party resources. My suggestion is give the website a read and then ask questions in an informed but critical manner. You will learn a lot and should be able to produce a great paper. Good luck with your studies!

Dammit,
I thought this was the start of the AH dating site!
Passionate, check!
Hunter, check!
Irresistible, not a chance, but on a forum, I could be. I could probably describe myself as looking like brad Pitt, only with Robert Ruark mentality and a Capstick flair! I enjoy long walks in the bush, cuddling up with a romantic reloading manual and good Scotch. I love spending quality time with large bore rifles, skinny cartridges are fine to look at and occasionally flirt with, but I like a real rifle. I'm looking for that one special rifle that really wants to be with just me. I'm sensitive(not to recoil), caring(clean and oil after each use) and loyal(I defend the M700 tooth and nail). Lol

Seriously Katie, good luck in your quest, post your questions if you would like some great, well thought out answers.
Cheers,
Cody

Dammit,
Passionate, check!
Hunter, check!
Irresistible, not a chance, but on a forum, I could be. I could probably describe myself as looking like brad Pitt, only with Robert Ruark mentality and a Capstick flair! I enjoy long walks in the bush, cuddling up with a romantic reloading manual and good Scotch. I love spending quality time with large bore rifles, skinny cartridges are fine to look at and occasionally flirt with, but I like a real rifle. I'm looking for that one special rifle that really wants to be with just me. I'm sensitive(not to recoil), caring(clean and oil after each use) and loyal(I defend the M700 tooth and nail). Lol

Seriously Katie, good luck in your quest, post your questions if you would like some great, well thought out answers.
Cheers,
Cody

Dam...you sound like the kinda man that could make me forget my vows :LOL::LOL:o_O:LOL:

Greeting everyone,

Sincerely,

Katie
Katie, as you can tell, hunters also have a sense of humour.

Having said that, you should understand that most of us are somewhat reluctant to engage with people who just appear on this or other hunting sites. Hunters have not generally been well represented in the popular media, and we are naturally reluctant to provide fodder for those who would attack us or what we do. The request that you post your questions is just a reflection of this natural wariness.

But at the same time, we are not embarrassed by our sport, nor are we shy about promoting its benefits. In fact, we are quite proud of what hunters do, whether it be for wildlife, or the communities which live with wildlife, or the jobs hunting creates, etc. This is particularly so if you look at what many anti-hunting organizations do - it often seems to us that they are so focused on fundraising they have no time left for anything else!

I suggest you either post your questions as suggested, or feel free to PM any of us. Some of us are hunters, and some of us are professional hunters, and some of us are outfitters. You can usually tell who is who by the post. I would suggest you start with an outfitter of a PH - they are on the ground in Africa and can provide you with a perspective that is both real and immediate.

Good luck with your research - it's nice to see someone actively looking for all sides to an issue.

Welcome Katie, take a look around you will get a great idea of what people think and what they do. Lots of good information contained in this site.

Dammit,
Passionate, check!
Hunter, check!

Cheers,
Cody

Cody are you available for a good one on one with my step daughter...:)

Katie, your lurking so why not jump in and post your questions...

If you were asked...why do you hunt? What would your answers be?

There should be plenty of people in your area you can start with to get a basic understanding from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross