JPmbogo

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Willapa Harbor Gun Club
Anyone have any experience with
Collectibles Insurance Services, LLC? for firearms and related equipment, etc.? I recently got a quote from them that seems reasonable, but have not been able find a feedback on the company.

Pretty hard to beat Fine Firearms insurance from Eastern Insurance / The Hartford.

$166 per $50k of coverage. $150 deductible. Nothing has to be scheduled unless valued over $10,000. They pay claims if something goes wrong.

Pretty hard to beat Fine Firearms insurance from Eastern Insurance / The Hartford.

$166 per $50k of coverage. $150 deductible. Nothing has to be scheduled unless valued over $10,000. They pay claims if something goes wrong.
Thanks - will contact them immediately.

I use them as well.

Wow, I need to look into Eastern/Hartford. I've been paying Collectibles Insurance about $450 per year for $50k in coverage (no deductible).

Wow, I need to look into Eastern/Hartford. I've been paying Collectibles Insurance about $450 per year for $50k in coverage (no deductible).

You’re getting ripped! I was as well before I switched a couple of years ago.

Just looked up my policy, and I'm actually paying $405 per year for $50k in coverage, but still...

Reactions: WAB
Thanks, @rookhawk ; and I just requested a quote from Eastern.

Using Eastern also.
Just paid mine. $35,000 on firearms. $15,000 on ammo etc. $205 for a year

It also covers travel coverage. In case of damage, lost or theft.
Glad to know they cover a fellow Texan, and I just submitted a request for quote.

I don't recall ever hearing a bad word about Eastern. Many of the guys I'm acquainted with in the vintage doublegun community have been nothing but pleased with them.

The wife of a good friend used to work with Jack Richardson and was integral in establishing the business. He had an excellent reputation with all those I know who dealt with Eastern. A shame he died a few years ago at a relatively young age.

Glad to know they cover a fellow Texan, and I just submitted a request for quote.

Laura handles mine. Here is her direct line and email.
IMG_5189.jpg

Most important thread I have read in a while

Thanks guys

I’ll never forget how I was 17 living on my own and I explained to my friends how extended warranties work. I mentioned that my entire means of survival rested on selling as many as possible at Montgomery Wards ”Electric Avenue”. I then gave them basic napkin math of how it works. Clearly my cumulative highschool GPA of 0.34 was too advanced for my circle of friends because they couldn’t understand why they were bad.

A few years later, my circle of friends are then selling a variety of insurance products and they cannot understand why I won’t buy most of those, even though I was an executive at an insurance company.

People do not understand fear, uncertainty, and doubt are powerful tools of mind control.

Just last year a relative was telling me I was a moron being underinsured by his standards and that I should spend an additional $10,000 per year for “peace of mind” with his agency. His eyes glazed over when we wanted to discuss actuarial tables and likelihood and impact of loss. The notion you don’t have to transfer risk if you avoid/accept/mitigate it instead. He just kept pushing whole and universal life, LTC, annuities, and other scams that had the same sophistication of my hustle at Montgomery Wards decades earlier.

Bottom line, people’s cognitive reasoning goes out the window if you can play on emotion which disrupts the brain’s ability to do simple math.

I’ll never forget how I was 17 living on my own and I explained to my friends how extended warranties work. I mentioned that my entire means of survival rested on selling as many as possible at Montgomery Wards ”Electric Avenue”. I then gave them basic napkin math of how it works. Clearly my cumulative highschool GPA of 0.34 was too advanced for my circle of friends because they couldn’t understand why they were bad.

A few years later, my circle of friends are then selling a variety of insurance products and they cannot understand why I won’t buy most of those, even though I was an executive at an insurance company.

People do not understand fear, uncertainty, and doubt are powerful tools of mind control.

Just last year a relative was telling me I was a moron being underinsured by his standards and that I should spend an additional $10,000 per year for “peace of mind” with his agency. His eyes glazed over when we wanted to discuss actuarial tables and likelihood and impact of loss. The notion you don’t have to transfer risk if you avoid/accept/mitigate it instead. He just kept pushing whole and universal life, LTC, annuities, and other scams that had the same sophistication of my hustle at Montgomery Wards decades earlier.

Bottom line, people’s cognitive reasoning goes out the window if you can play on emotion which disrupts the brain’s ability to do simple math.

You may have missed his point about the math. It works on this one. It does not work on your cars extended warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.