Cold weather head wear

Yup, but of course we like ALL hunts. And -40 is about as comfortable ( or not) as +40. Just a matter of perspective. Al least we can dress for the cold. A favourite quote:. "There is no bad weather for hunting, just bad choices in clothing" Where I live we have experienced weather of +/- 40°C and although I prefer more moderate temperatures, it's almost always good to be out hunting.
Not sure I agree with you, but I admire your spirit!

You poor people having to put up with these extremes, makes our 'chilly winters' seem like a joke. No wonder you like your African hunts.

I went on vacation to Florida once during the winter. There winter is blasphemy to even call winter but anyways. The water was 21C or roughly 70 for the Americans. I was going in and out of the water all day. One local lady was staring at me every time I went swimming. I thought she was just checking out my gorgeous Canadian pale white skin lol. Eventually she stopped me and asked, "come on, you have to be a little cold in that water". I laughed and said Mrs., if I didn't swim in 70 degree water at home, I would have never swam lol. Our lakes lose there ice in late May, and are back to frozen surfaces by late October. In that short period of time the water rarely ever even gets to 70 lol.

There is a hat cabelas used to sell called a mad bomber hat, they are very warm and wind proof, I believe they still offer them my father had one and it was a great cold weather hat for him, between that and some air force mukluks I gave him I don’t think he ever got cold outside, in really cold weather and while snowmobiling I wear a balaclava and a touque w/ a tassel and that works well in below zero weather which we get often, and we also call it a touque in the UP. Good luck in your search everyone handles the cold differently, another good hat is a mouton fur troopers cap they are very warm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross