Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
I am addicted to coffee and specifically to Nespresso Original coffee. My latest favorite is the ones from Zimbabwe (lungos)

This is from an email sent to me from Nespresso last December 31st. Girlfriend probably drank about 15 - 20 percent of it.

View attachment 427497

Bloody hell, are your hands still steady enough to shoot?

Hunter4752001

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Many years ago I used to regularly have lunch with friends at a cafe near the office. The owner was Greek. He got to know us as regulars and used to offer us traditionaly made Greek coffee. One cup would leave you buzzing all day. Love it!

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have seen 63 countries in the World, and I drink coffee daily. I am coffee drinker.

But, my measuring yardstick is beer, not coffee.
And by that measurement, London pubs excel!

Well, pubs in England also excel in pub food. I spent a year in Oxford a very long time ago. I left 10 pounds heavier than when I arrived. Shepherd's pie and treacle tart with hot custard on top almost daily does that to you. :ROFLMAO:

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I spent a year . I left 10 pounds heavier. :ROFLMAO:
Ten pounds in a year?? I recall one Summer that I worked in California rebuilding a trailerhouse. I started shortly after sunrise and worked til about 11AM, then resumed at 5PM til dark. My lunch consisted primarily of two quarts of beer and maybe a sandwich. I started the Summer at 150 and ended at 170. Fortunately I was able to get back down to 150 by Christmas.

GeoffB

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, SSAA, ADA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, USA: OR, South Africa: Eastern Cape, Free State
I also love a coffee once, twice, three or four..... times a day.
The older I get the more I enjoy good coffee. This is a distinct departure from when I first started drinking coffee when I first started work in my late teens. It was instant coffee back then out of a tin and its sole purpose was to keep me awake.
Today we have coffee machine and all sorts of equipment to make a good brew.
Even when I am away in the bush I have been accused of being fancy because I took a Honda 2kva generator and espresso pod machine.
These images below are from my recent trip to the top of Australia on a camping trip with my son fishing and hunting. No more generator. We now use 2 X 100ah lithium batteries hooked up to a solar panel on the roof of the vehicle and an 2200 watt inverter to run the pod machine. Quiet, hot coffee anywhere anytime.

1632888835243.jpeg

1632888937950.jpeg

1632889126504.jpeg

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
The older I get the more I enjoy good coffee. This is a distinct departure from when I first started drinking coffee when I first started work in my late teens. It was instant coffee back then out of a tin and its sole purpose was to keep me awake.
Even when I am away in the bush I have been accused of being fancy because I took a Honda 2kva generator and espresso pod machine.
These images below are from my recent trip to the top of Australia on a camping trip with my son fishing and hunting. No more generator. We now use 2 X 100ah lithium batteries hooked up to a solar panel on the roof of the vehicle and an 2200 watt inverter to run the pod machine. Quiet, hot coffee anywhere anytime.

View attachment 427553

View attachment 427554
View attachment 427555
Very cool truck friend

Woodcarver

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
wild coffee beans.png

Woodcarver

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
Couldn't resist, lol!

I guess I'm a bit less finicky than some. Even enjoy my own version of cowboy coffee. Btw, the trick is to just add to it. The old grounds are "Mother" and she is needed to complete the flavor. Only time she needs to go is if the pot hasn't been cooked for a day or more. 'Course, that might be why I also like flavored creamers.

Good coffee is often a product of the circumstances it's served in. Fresh in the morning looking at the sun coming up over elk camp always makes for a good cup of joe. Following an excellent meal is another time when coffee seems to always be good.

Sister brought me some beans from Honduras. THAT was some excellent brew. My brother is a coffee snob. His current method uses a glass carafe over the stove. Functions much like a percolator. Not sure what beans he uses in Bonaire, but his coffee is pretty good also.

CBH Australia

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa

View attachment 427553

View attachment 427554
View attachment 427555

Overkill,

You are supposed to be enjoying hunting and the simple things in life like camping

Most coffee is good coffee if you wake up in the bush.

Nothing wrong with getting a GOOD takeaway coffee as you travel when you know the good cafes. .

Of course if I were camped with you I would shut up and appreciate the coffee.

Is there a hunting report for that trip?

CBH Australia

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
I don't recall seeing any mention of the Cover cat coffee. The one where the cats eat the beans and they roast the undigested beans found in the poop.

I'm sure it's just a gimmick but I read that the cats eat the best fruits or beans so they then figure these are the prime beans.

I did see it is served on Australia but it might cost several times what you might pay for a decent Cafe Coffee otherwise..

Actually, to add to this my Brother tried Old town coffee in Malaysia and we can buy the satchels at a supermarket.

Old Town is a Chain or Franchise he said. Something like Starbucks or Gloria Jean's.

That's about as fancy as what I take camping
16331400139865680958839305536427.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minhtuanland

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rick HOlbert wrote on NTH's profile.
NTH, Just found your message. I hunt with Eland Pro Safaris in Namibia. Wide selection of game and great folks. Hell my PH and his family ARE adopted family, LOL! I book people to hunt with them and should you be interested I'd be happy to meet and discuss a trip. Anyway all the best to you and give me a shout sometime. Bye for now.
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg
Global Rescue - Worldwide Emergency Evacuation & Field Rescue, Anytime Anywhere

global-rescue.jpg
Special 10% Off On Taxidermy For AfricaHunting Members 2021

taxidermy-in-texas.jpg