Cocktails with Hemingway

CBeck

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
While enjoying the warmth of the wood fired oven and in preparation for some woodfired pizza tonight I’m enjoying a rum old-fashioned using Papa’s pilar Spanish Sherry cask aged rum.

How about you?
57BD6895-D65E-4CB7-8BD2-548B27E19856.jpeg
57BD6895-D65E-4CB7-8BD2-548B27E19856.jpeg
27B419EC-310E-4376-B22C-E7C0C498B39D.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice, cheers! I'm currently enjoying some russels reserve.
20220122_170035.jpg

I have to work later tonight? LOL

433C89C0-F025-4149-8C9B-B3E3073A43AB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would rather have had his boat of the same name. Now that would be neat!

I'm a beer snob so I shall refrain from commenting on your choice but the fire looks lovely. Lol

I love to saltwater fish so, I’d be glad for that too.

Good choice…or a signed first edition
1. Yes, but it doesn't fill me up and one with dinner before work is my limit. I'm a lightweight. Otherwise, I like the darkest, stoutest beer available sans ANY IP.
2. One of Hemingway's boats would be fantastic! But, I'd rather have the Tommy gun being held by his nephew or cousin? seated on the back of a boat with a female in one of the vintage photos here on AH?
3. I'd take either a signed or unsigned first or tenth edition of one of his rifles. Ha! Ha! Ha!

When I was in Havana we had mojitos in Hemingway's bar, looking across the bay to the fort. It was spectacular. The only place I have tasted close to it was in Razor Charlies pub in Amatuli, Johannesburg. I tried making a mojito myself from a recipe off internet, it was awful. I will just have to re-visit Cuba!

Cased. Jalapeño and green onion seasoned sausage. Glenmorangie scotch seasoned old fashioned

Excellent choice. My favorite is Jalapeño cheese sausage. If you care to try it, you can get high temp cheese which is also good in burgers.

Sometimes, I will use a little crushed pineapple in mine as well. Gives it just a hint of sweetness which compliments the saltiness and also adds moisture.

When I was in Havana we had mojitos in Hemingway's bar, looking across the bay to the fort. It was spectacular. The only place I have tasted close to it was in Razor Charlies pub in Amatuli, Johannesburg. I tried making a mojito myself from a recipe off internet, it was awful. I will just have to re-visit Cuba!
Funny you should mention mojito. Just a couple days ago, I came across a recipe and thought I should make one…..I’ve never actually had a mojito.

I love rum drinks and am quite a fan of original tiki drinks from the 30’s…..quite different from the sweet beach bar drinks of today.

A Hemingway daiquiri is also a nice choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg