Cocktails with Hemingway

CBeck

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
While enjoying the warmth of the wood fired oven and in preparation for some woodfired pizza tonight I’m enjoying a rum old-fashioned using Papa’s pilar Spanish Sherry cask aged rum.

How about you?
57BD6895-D65E-4CB7-8BD2-548B27E19856.jpeg
57BD6895-D65E-4CB7-8BD2-548B27E19856.jpeg
27B419EC-310E-4376-B22C-E7C0C498B39D.jpeg

Last edited:

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Very nice, cheers! I'm currently enjoying some russels reserve.
20220122_170035.jpg

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Would rather have had his boat of the same name. Now that would be neat!

CBeck

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
I'm a beer snob so I shall refrain from commenting on your choice but the fire looks lovely. Lol

I love to saltwater fish so, I’d be glad for that too.

Good choice…or a signed first edition
1. Yes, but it doesn't fill me up and one with dinner before work is my limit. I'm a lightweight. Otherwise, I like the darkest, stoutest beer available sans ANY IP.
2. One of Hemingway's boats would be fantastic! But, I'd rather have the Tommy gun being held by his nephew or cousin? seated on the back of a boat with a female in one of the vintage photos here on AH?
3. I'd take either a signed or unsigned first or tenth edition of one of his rifles. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Kevin Peacocke

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
When I was in Havana we had mojitos in Hemingway's bar, looking across the bay to the fort. It was spectacular. The only place I have tasted close to it was in Razor Charlies pub in Amatuli, Johannesburg. I tried making a mojito myself from a recipe off internet, it was awful. I will just have to re-visit Cuba!

CBeck

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Cased. Jalapeño and green onion seasoned sausage. Glenmorangie scotch seasoned old fashioned

Excellent choice. My favorite is Jalapeño cheese sausage. If you care to try it, you can get high temp cheese which is also good in burgers.

Sometimes, I will use a little crushed pineapple in mine as well. Gives it just a hint of sweetness which compliments the saltiness and also adds moisture.

CBeck

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
When I was in Havana we had mojitos in Hemingway's bar, looking across the bay to the fort. It was spectacular. The only place I have tasted close to it was in Razor Charlies pub in Amatuli, Johannesburg. I tried making a mojito myself from a recipe off internet, it was awful. I will just have to re-visit Cuba!
Funny you should mention mojito. Just a couple days ago, I came across a recipe and thought I should make one…..I’ve never actually had a mojito.

I love rum drinks and am quite a fan of original tiki drinks from the 30’s…..quite different from the sweet beach bar drinks of today.

A Hemingway daiquiri is also a nice choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KELLEY&SONGUNSTOCKS

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

cajunchefray wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello Tom "SAFARIKIDD". This is Charles Ray, aka "cajunchefray" from Ponchatoula.

We spoke a year or two ago when I sold you the Swarovski illuminated reticle scope,
Would like to meet with you and talk about Cal.

I bought some brass and bullets, and book from Cal and looked forward to meeting him, we talked about DSC next year.
Let's meet soon.
Charles
Andrew62 wrote on gillettehunter's profile.
Hello Bruce, I think you are still in Africa?? I just sent payment to Bulls Eye Taxidermy to have 3 of my animals mounted, it has been years since I have had anything mounted. I hope Ronnie and Jimmy had a good hunt down Kimberly way. Anyway, so nice to have met you Bruce, it was wonderful meeting you and spending time with you in camp. I hope your store closure and building sale go well. Cheers, Andrew Fike
BigFan375 wrote on Freetrade's profile.
I'm sorry, but I'm buying, not selling.............lee
Member: NRA Life

Hunt: Alaska-Canada-NM
geoff rath wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
G'day Bob,
Just had a yarn with A G, and he has filled me in on how much work he puts in to such developments, referencing QuikLoad, tightening tolerances, load development, range testing. He indicated that of you wish to contact him directly he can go into details far better than I.
If you wish , contact him directly, he has given the OK for me to pass that on.