AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX, CA and NC
So my Grandfather died about 10 years ago and I was looking through some his old hunting stuff that wound up in the attic at my parents house and found this old rifle (I thought some other branch of the family ended up with it) caked in dirt. I just cleaned it up. It appears to be in great shape aside from the dirt and think I am going to have to take it out for a spin this year. It’s a Kleinguenther k14 in 270 with an old Khales 2-12 on it. I don’t really know much about it beyond what google returns which confirms like most his stuff it is a quality rifle. Does anyone know anything about these rifles? I am just curious to learn more about it?

3E39B7F2-065F-4450-98BA-99EA4A9850B8.jpeg
A671BB78-5989-4FD1-8D20-9264E409835C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quality rifle. I belive they were out of Seguin TX. Have shot a couple and they were accurate solid rifles.

My Dad had one as well. I’m no expert, but know a little about them. Many were based on a Voere Titan action from Germany, which were later glass bedded and “gone over” by Kleinguenther. Kleinguenther was based out of Seguin Texas. I always thought of them as Texas based Weatherby. The had a reputation of high quality and accuracy, including factory targets and MOA accuracy guarantees, which seemed less common back then,

The rifles had a German hochsitz style in my opinion- ie better for longer shots from an elevated blind, than a stalking type rifle.

They are fine rifles. As noted above, and evident in your photos, they were very much in the "California" style prevalent in the day. I am confident that you will find that it shoots.

My Dad had one as well. I’m no expert, but know a little about them. Many were based on a Voere Titan action from Germany, which were later glass bedded and “gone over” by Kleinguenther. Kleinguenther was based out of Seguin Texas. I always thought of them as Texas based Weatherby. The had a reputation of high quality and accuracy, including factory targets and MOA accuracy guarantees, which seemed less common back then,

The rifles had a German hochsitz style in my opinion- ie better for longer shots from an elevated blind, than a stalking type rifle.
interesting it does say both made in Germany and Seguin Texas on it. elevated blinds is what he bought it for

I wish I had a grandfather like that!! I have an old Khales scope (not that model) that is clear as a bell. Let us know how she shoots.
Thanks he loved to shoot and got around unfortunately due to a stroke he had. He I never got to go together too much. On a bright note, we manage to purchase back the old family farm he used this rifle on a few years ago and I plan on taking it back to the field there this year and seeing how it performs! ill let you know how it does.

Just saw an article that said it was a half moa guarantee if that’s true it really will be a shooter! Nothing like testing though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,