AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Good day members, is this item available on Rifle shop shelves or do you have to custom make this rifle stock magazine ?? I am contemplating fitting such a type magazine into my 8x68S rifle stock when commence building the stock shortly? Any info will be much, much appreciated as always...:A Banana::A Banana: As pointed out in the 8x68S thread I want to build a Classic slim Mannlicher Schoenauer rifle stock, I do believe this item will be a great asset to the rifle stock?? I really would like your opinions..
full

In my opinion this is an affectation that has more in the way of visual appeal than practical use. In reality a belt slide for your spare ammunition is of far more use than something like this (as nice as it looks) that is going to change the balance of the rife depending on how many cartridges are in it and having to turn the rifle over to access them is far from ideal when the belt slide is much more so. It shows the stockmakers skill with the inlet but is not something I would want on rifle I carried into the field. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Thank you Garry, I appreciate your advice....this is for a friend of mine who really wants to insert such a item on his rifle stock..(y)(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• Recknagel_Zubehoerkatalog_9_Internet.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:
I personally like it, I think as Mr Gruff sagely stated it shows the stock makers skill. An no doubt its a individual taste. But I think always having four or five rounds discretely & tastefully concealed in the rifle for
immediate use is a welcome addition. One of my hunting partners has a Steyr tropical s with a spare magazine in the stock in 375. Although not as tasteful as what you are suggesting I still admire the execution and fore thought of the idea.
Just my 2 cents
Pat

Some of my rifles were fitted with such magazines. Just google ‘Schaftmagazin’.

I have several pre-war Germanic rifles with them. The “look” value is pretty high - practicality, not so much. I have used all of them in the field, and am pretty sure I never put a bullet in any of the shell holders.

One of my hunting partners has a Steyr tropical s with a spare magazine in the stock in 375. Although not as tasteful as what you are suggesting I still admire the execution and fore thought of the idea.
Just my 2 cents
Pat

Something like this?

h-26148.png

HWL

Something like this?
that's her, I very much like that design and rifle ! My hunting partners rifle in 375, shoots 1/3 MOA at 200m quite impressive; and devastating on Moose.

thanks for posting! (y)

Reactions: HWL
I had a stockmagazine on my first .458..never used it...they are just for show in my opinion..

Thanks Cem. I have a similar device on my Drilling that was built in the early 1900(s).

They might make some more sense on a singleshot or double, to ensure you have some ammunition with the rifle. Personally, I'd go for some external way to keep ammunition with the gun and on me.

handy in a "getaway gun".:E Shocked:
if you're in trouble, just grab the gun and go, and you will automatically have ammo.:S Idea:
bruce.

Members, I noticed a few persons really like this item on their rifle , but a lot do not like it at all....I really would do you a favor and purchase it from you or just take it over to get it out of your safe or possession, I really do not mind to do you such a favor...please if you have one available ...I will do you this great favor ....:A Banana::A Banana:

Try a buttcuff. Holds 5 or 6 rounds and ammo is much more accessible and won't affect the balance much more than the stock mag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg